Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Hummer H1 Civilian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Hummer H1 Civilian

Ok I am stuck I have had this body for about a year sitting around the basement, Has anyone succesfully executed one with the correct Independent suspension?? I searched and found a bunch of solid axled H2's and H3's... and a couple of monster truck looking H1's with solid axles...
Looks like the E-maxx is to wide from what I have read.. any one have a valid suggestion about a chassis donor that will look correct under this pig?
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
RCC Addict

If the body is big enough use an Emaxx drivetrain.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ok I just spent some time with the body over at the LHS, and here is a couple of things that I am thinking..
1- Traxxas summit, the positves for this is the locking and unlocking diffs, the downside, Would have to buy all new Slayer arms and hardware along with somehow streaching the chassis a couple of inches to make it work...
2-An electirc 8th scale buggy Positives, the width is right and it wouldnt be that hard to custom build a chassis to gain the needed lenght, the downside, finding scale looking rims to mount up to it...
3- I did check the width on a rustler buggy (2wd) and it seems like it would work, but its not 4wd... so that is a problem...
4-Might be able to stretch out a sc10e that would give me good looking wheels, stable platform but there is the outlay of the cost of a new truck.. and I would want to run it as the sc10e..
what do you hardcore scale guys think?
crawler_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

can I suggest an extended 1/10th scale buggy like the B44 or dark impact? shaft driven and most use a 12mm hex

or tamiya dualhunter?? (2 motors, easy to stretch the WB)
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTDL5&P=0
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I don't know what size tires and wheels you think would look scale, but a 1/8th scale buggy can take a pretty wide variety of wheels. You can basically run all the major hex sizes, 12, 14, 17 and 23mm. I'd advise against drilling out 12mm hexes to fit, but thundertech clod CVD 12mm hexes will work. All that aside you can get a decent used buggy for around 100 bucks, and they're beefy enough to take pretty much any punishment you want to dish out.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote