Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Can anybody help me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 AM   #1

Smile My 1/6 Harley Davidson ford f350 build.

I have this ford f350 harley body and do not know who made it. Looking for any info on who made it and exactly what scale it is it looks to be 1/5 or 1/6. Please let me know and thanks so much guys.

photo 3920497B-D9FA-43C1-AA92-F2E8636559FF_zps3eqv4okb.jpg

photo 0E5CBB92-B134-4D19-A7EF-5A5197E2BDEA_zpsu7mtwmal.jpg

photo F580EC16-54AA-408D-9232-FBD0FCE30F32_zpsqcobmdkm.jpg

photo 5AA23423-7BF8-4905-A3AB-F3B8D6688A40_zpsbxqv2vno.jpg

photo 46302D50-162D-44A8-AAB8-2186A81293DD_zpsmrr4bcow.jpg

I'll post more pics later and change name of thread cause I am starting this build going to build a frame somewhat today not that great at frame building but why not lol. And thanks again to anyone who can help me figure out the maker of this ford.

Last edited by Scikosideshow; 05-02-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Scikosideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Can anybody help me?

It's a 1/6 'new bright' body.
Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

See I thought that but the one I've seen has speakers in the back seat and racing seats up front this one does not it has stock ford seats and armrest also has stock looking rear seating. I can't find any product info and have only seen one other harley edition.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

it should say it on the under carriage of the truck.just a thought
newbiecrawler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

It's the same new bright body as mine, just a different paint job and seats. Neeley's 1/6 Ford F350 build

Google it.
Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:37 PM   #6

i have a very similar body that was sold here in aus by a company called eztech or ezetec could be the one your looking for
richo119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #7

So ok thank you to everyone that helped me get this figure out the body is an eztec here's a pic I found of the original truck.

photo 08E8D872-166E-4713-B2DD-112C37D1E935_zpsygspr3br.jpg

I like it wish I could find an original one for the hell of it. Any way on to start of my build please don't be mean this is my first chassis that I'm building myself. If you can please tell me anything I might can change or do differently. I would love feedback. Here's a pic if me getting the first measurements

photo 2F93A946-2419-408F-8C84-230B1F348926_zpsfcuyadlh.jpg

And I am deciding to use the hpi wheely king for this build. Here's a pic of the wheely king and some more measurements for the chassis.

photo 746666FF-9A2B-4AFA-BB55-5F2274AB70EF_zpsb8osxfvn.jpg

Finally last night I got some of the chassis bolted together. And I have the transmission mounted.

photo E405266E-9D38-42D7-B983-FE016DC82F89_zpszbs0iqnz.jpg

photo 596A32AB-D4FF-4AA0-89A3-7B8D02E8404F_zpssck1tuci.jpg

But that's where I'm at so far hopefully getting more done tomorrow or Sunday. Please comment and let me know what you think. I'm still learning a lot as I build. But I love building. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:22 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I think your going to need more bracing on your chassis.if you plan to run it at any speed or put any real power to it.I''ve torque tested my chassis and had a few fails in my design as well.just my opinion I would rather have too much than not enough.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

also your going to need at'least nylon lock nuts instead of those regular ones.if you want to be super safe put a dab of lock tite on them bad boys and kiss loose bolts goodbye.off to a good start keep er up
Old 05-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #10

I own a New Bright F-350 and hopefully will begin working on it soon.
You said you were open to suggestions:

1. Chassis

1.1. Chassis rails

As newbiecrawler20 said above, make sure your chassis rails are strong enough. This is not a typical 1:10 scale vehicle, but about 1:8 scale, so it will most probably end up weighing at least 4kg. My 1:6 Jeep TJ prototype although not completed is already 6kg+.

Also, accuracy is very important in the long term. If one part ever breaks or you wish to replace some part that is bolted to the chassis, you will find it difficult to adapt the new part to the old random inaccurate holes.

Moreover, the front left and right chassis rails will need to be spaced from each other less that the rear chassis rails so that the front tires have ample room to steer. Concerning my 1:6 chassis prototype, for example, the external dimensions left to right are 11cm front and 17cm rear, so for your build I would recommend 9-11cm front and 15-17cm rear. In the pictures of your chassis I do not see any of this bevelling, and cannot but wonder how your front tires will steer...

Last but not least, it is always a good idea to find some pictures of the chassis of the actual Ford F-350, as they will give you ideas concerning the shape and placement of parts.

1.2. Crossmembers

It is not a very good idea to build crossmembers round like you did with the transmission crossmember. Apart from the fact you cannot do anything accurate with such a shape, its roundness may make it more prone to deforming. (If you do not have the tools to make a proper 90degree bend then you may ignore this comment)

Also, in my opinion, the transmission crossmember hangs too low, and this reduces clearance as well as makes it more prone to deforming. To address these two issues, maybe you could bring the transmission closer to the body as well as lower the chassis rails, respectively.

Again, finding pictures of the real 1:1 Ford F-350 chassis will be extremely helpful. You will notice how low the frame is positioned.

2. Suspension

2.1. Axles

When I create a scale vehicle, my primary goal is to make the best and most realistic there is, using the best parts that exist, with the condition they are affordable (I have a tight budget) and easy to find. In my opinion, you have already distanced yourself from this goal merely by choosing the HPI Crawler King axles. Why? Because this set of axles is too narrow and does not look scale, compared to other options that exist on the market.

My suggestion is then, unless you have budget constraints, to leave aside the HPI Crawler King axles for some other project of yours and buy yourself a pair of Axial Wraith axles. They are the proper width, look scale and are strong. Also, they are affordable and you can easily find spares. You can get them cheaply on ebay or dollarhobbyz.com for about $110 in total (if I remember correctly).

Overall, my above remarks may sound strict, but I have not the least intention to be mean with you or hurt your feelings. Instead I am critical and stern with the various builds because of my sincere desire to help you and others who will read this post the same way I was helped by other forum members, and beause of my wish for perfection.

If you have any question or require any advice, please do not hesitate to post them here (unless they have already been answered somewhere else), as it is a pleasure for us to share our hobby with our fellow people from around the world. Also, as said above, I will be building one like yours, so have special interest in Ford F-350 builds.
OneSixthScaleRC is offline   Reply With Quote