Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: My new Micro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My new Micro

Here's my 1day-old Losi Micro Crawler.

So far I've trimmed the body,relocated electrics,removed shock springs(full droop),flipped tranny,removed all excess plastic & made my own chassis spreaders out of brake-clean spray tubes. They seem pretty sturdy,are definately light & have the perfect inner diameter to tighten down the included hardware leftover from removing the electronics mounting plate. Next on the list is weighing down the rims,trimming foam or doing without the tire foams completely.Sorry the pics are kinda crappy. I'm at work & don't have my camera.
Attached Images

Last edited by fordmike65; 12-17-2009 at 07:01 PM.
fordmike65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #2

nice mods. i ditched the stock foams. i put 50 bb`s in the front tires and 40 in the back. the weight really helps! and without the foams, the tires give better and allow the tires to bite, and the bb`s also help the tire not give all the way to the rim.
dougie fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie fresh View Post
nice mods. i ditched the stock foams. i put 50 bb`s in the front tires and 40 in the back. the weight really helps! and without the foams, the tires give better and allow the tires to bite, and the bb`s also help the tire not give all the way to the rim.

the bb's just roll around?
danhikeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have since weighted down the front rims with 3/16 lead rope & star-patterned the foams. I switched to a semi-droop set-up by cutting a few spring coils. I also put a few drops of 1k diff fluid in each shock for lube. Not sure if it will help,but & figured it couldn't hurt. One problem I found is that there's way too much tire glue on these things. I tried to boil off 2 of them,but the damn tires swelled on me & will no longer fit the wheels:-x. My LHS won't have another set for a week. I was hoping to just use the kit tires/wheels until either Losi or the aftermarket comes out with a better compound. As soon as I get another set on it, I'll do some further testing & see how this thing wheels. I might just take the tire foams out as others have done if the star-patterned mod doesn't seem to work out. Maybe there will be some memory foams out soon
Old 12-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhikeski View Post
the bb's just roll around?
yup

the only problem with bb's is since they move around they can cause your truck to be unstable. the advantage is that the weight is right on the other side of the tread. some people like it and some people prefer to use stationary weight
sirbikealot7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I have a set of wheels/tires coming from Horizon. Hope they get here soon. When I attempted to removed the tires, I found that the foams had been soaked with way too much tire glue & big sections were hard as rock! That's why the tires were so damn had to remove. Anyone else had this issue??