Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Servo Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #1

Question Servo Protection

Just wondering, i am not new to RC but am just getting into crawling. I was wondering, is there any chance of the servo on the micro crawler getting damaged from a fall or a hard hit from the front center. I was going to make a protector for it but is there any reason to worry. Thanks for your time.
TIMBERDOVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

it should be fine.
kgraham204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

if the micro takes a hard enough fall to crack the servo case then ur probably doin it wrong haha. But yeah dont worry about it. even if you do manage to damage the servo, its so cheap that you can replace it pretty painlessly
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #4

i wouldnt worry about the servo breaking from a fall the truck isnt really heavy enough to hurt it IMO..some people are taking the servo saver off i like to think it helps with impact as well as over steering,but again thats IMO
mcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Servo sever only need for fast moving rc car.....
ke6geu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6geu View Post
Servo sever only need for fast moving rc car.....
or fast falling trucks

I've watched my 2.2 tumble down cliffs ripping parts and almost the axles off the truck a few times that would have totally destroyed a standard plastic geared servo. but like mcrc said the losi micro is just too light to really cause much damage to the servo in most cases
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #7

thanks for the impute guys, i figured it would be 2 light but i havnt even seen mine in person yet.
TIMBERDOVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #8

I actually did have mine break on me. I never did have my truck fall more than a foot or 2.. but one day the steering just randomly started to become weak and slow and then stop turning altogether. Guy at the hobby shop said its a common problem with losi's micros. So he gave me a an hs-55 and sent me along. Its been fine since but i still wonder if it wasn't just a faulty stock servo.
Portdogmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
jwo
Rock Crawler

yeah like every one else says. i wouldn't worry about it. i would keep the saver on it though.you dont really need it,but they are only plastic. better safe then sorry. i was going to remove it but there has been times crawling with it, that when i turn the servo saver kicks in because the wheels are wedged or up against something. there just a mini t servo pretty much. i got a hs-55 im gonna put in it, but i think im gonna wait til the servo has its last day.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote