Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: turning problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default turning problem

not sure if anyone else has noticed this but everytime i drive my micro and try turning it makes it look like its juddering. the wheels arent hitting any part of the frame or ball links ive added ive tried changing the steering settings but nothing helps its really weird

(i should say iam running the tmc chassis)

Last edited by boohoo; 06-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.
boohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #2

I have the same problem on one of my two crawlers. I'm using Mighty Feather servos on both but it seems to only effect one. I'm definitely interested to see if anyone else has this problem or a possible solution.
surfanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i have changed my servo to a sm22 one but had the problem with the stock one aswell even before i changed anything it done it but it was hitting the torsian bars then too much lock
Old 06-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default Fix

The wheels hit the lower links when in full turning mode. You need to move the top of the shocks closer together, and make some new links with the LOSB1040 parts kit. Another way will be when Blade releases the new wheel widener sets. I have a set I got to try out and they are AWESOME!! I can't believe they can maintain tolerances like they do when working with Delrin.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

shoot i should have said ive got the tmc chassis so that isnt the problem with the shocks and iam waiting for the wideners to come into stock
Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 PM   #6

Isn't it simply due to no differential gears on micro crawler?
markh78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

It's wobbling due to the non-constant velocity dogbone/cup style wheel ends... the plastic driveshafts between the tranny and diff are a constant velocity assembly because the joints on either end cancel each others speed fluctuations... The wheel ends, however, have only one joint each, so the speed fluctuations are not cancelled... The more severe the angle of the joint, the more rotational speed fluctuation is present. This phenomenon is inherent in many styles of joints, which is why they're used in pairs (typically cross and trunnion are the most popular)...
Some joints (like those in a front wheel drive car) are designed to be an actual constant velocity joint - no rotational speed fluctuations between the input and output (eg. double-cardon, Rzeppa)...
If you think yours is bad, you should try 4WS in crab mode - looks like my poor rig is driving thru an earthquake!!
SpeedyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default Thats it

Quote:
Originally Posted by markh78 View Post
Isn't it simply due to no differential gears on micro crawler?
Thats exactly what it is. Pick up the rig, open the throttle and turn it to wheel lock, no hopping.
LowCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote