Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: prozenberger's BWD wedge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #1

Default prozenberger's BWD wedge

Finally got the wedge built yesterday with the BWD wheel weights and nuts installed. The truck feels SOLID! The additional wheel weight helped a ton, and they look sweet!

Setting up the wedge chasis was pretty straightforward, not too many surprises. The challenge really was getting all of the links the same length, I just used a micrometer and got them all right on the first try. Fit and finish on the wedge is top notch too!

I haven't had a chance to play around with it too much, I usually set up a little course out of books and whatnot on my breaks at work. I can say that so far, with the original course I had set up for the truck in its stock form, I was able to clean everything on the first pass. The longer wheelbase and increased weight helped prevent rollover when coming off of obstacles.

The only problem I ran into with my build was when installing the wheel weights, I found it was easier to thread and then remove the supplied BWD screws into the rim before I put the weights on. I think the BWD screws are a tiny bit bigger diameter, and trying to get them threaded blind with the weights on was painful.

Here are a couple of pics taken with my phone. The one of the truck coming off of the book...that was really tough to get off of in stock form, i would have to totally creep off of it, but now i can just pretty much roll.

I am going to experiment with some of the different positions of the shocks and whatnot, right now it is a little low for my tastes...

prozenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Build looks great, the comparison over stock chassis is not even in the same ballpark. Don hit a home run with this design!

I hope you have as much fun with your wedge as I am with mine!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote