Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Hey Guys is this the Hitec servo you are using?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Hey Guys is this the Hitec servo you are using?

It prolly is people say Hs-55 or Hs-65

The 55 Is prolly the See through blue one thats 10 bucks? 15oz of torque isnt bad for 10 dollars, this 65 is 30 and only twice as much and prolly no chance in hell to break it unless your crawling on top of the grand canyon and slip

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...te-Micro-Servo

But I guess the real question is did you pick karbonite or metal? id prolly opt for the karbonite since it was cheaper, I just spent a load of cast of micro T and SCT parts to switch them to 2.4 since im tired of repairing antennas and not being able to go 5 ft in the house with it twitching, and got a blade Mcx for my uncle for Xmas ( which I can use as an excuse to make an order since Im gonna get some extra blades and what not )

the blue Hs -55 I see would have to have some holes drilled to mount which is no big deal, the 65 looks like it would work pretty good.

Oh and the only reason im really looking for a servo is because my dumbass broke the servo horn trying to get it off the ball end to mod the case... dunno why then made it out of such brittle skinny plastic rather then nylon. And rather then spend $5 + shipping I might as well get the good stuff since ive already noticed when you add weight to the wheels this thing doesnt wanna turn or move that great.

thx guys, and hope you are having a good Xmas

Last edited by Mav68erick; 12-25-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Mav68erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I have the 55 and no regrets thus far.
orangeplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm runnin the 65 karbonite. It's fast, strong, and responsive.

No problems with it yet, and I used to run them on my RC18T's.. They're practically bulletproof, and the best thing about the Hitec stuff is that if you need to you can always buy replacement gear sets if they shit out on you ;)
DSchulten88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I use a HS-65MG, installed it the day my crawler arrived. No worry about stripping anything, plenty of torque, and responds nice and quick. Plus it isn't as tall as the stock servo so you have more room between the servo and chassis.
dockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #5

hs-65mg here. The stocker went sour only after 10 batteries in my micro.
evilunclefred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

im runin a 30 oz servo and it still gets bound up more than i'd like so if your gonna be doin serious stuff with it get the 65 the 55 is ok for a scaler or basher but the stock servo is almost 15 oz
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

cool thx guys, I highly doubt Id ever strip the gears, atm I dont even really play with the MRC, dont have much to play with it on atm gonna get some sandstone one of these days when the snow melts a bit, plus I ordered some threaded rod... and it wasnt completely threaded and the online picture was hard to tell. So its really a pain to drive until I extend it a bit.

I already put my Rx on the servo put 30ish bbs in each front tire and 15-20 in the rears with the losi 180 lipo on the rear axle and took the foams and springs off, but its a pig atm since it has a micro T motor in it. The stock motor wires fell off and I was waiting on some silicone wire to solder on the stiff stuff is a joke but once I get my extension and maybe a TMC chasis ( I like the eclipse look better ) Ill mod my wires nice and neat ( the stock servo wire binds to much, thats why I cut a hole in the servo case and ran it out the back, and broke the servo horn ) Ill be decently set up for the time being
Mav68erick is offline   Reply With Quote