Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mc4x4 trail trekker axel width

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #1

Default Mc4x4 trail trekker axel width

So as far as I can tell the extra width on the new truck is from the hex and axle stub. Can anyone confirm this? If someone could post picks of the micro crawler and trekker axle/stub & hex parts side by side I would appreciate it. I was hoping I could buy the stub and hex to widen my micro crawler as the tires rub on the upper links.
smallbikesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I don't know the answer but may I piggy back another question? Are the tires and rims interchangeable between m4X4 and mRC?
Fungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

from what i have read the wheels are the same, tires will swap over. the extra width is from longer axle stubs and a thicker hex which comes out to 3mm each side or 6mm extra width per axle

" Del Monte " from losi confirmed this in other threads and i believe its in the review vid from horizon hobby

I think there is a width comparison picture somewhere
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallbikesrule View Post
So as far as I can tell the extra width on the new truck is from the hex and axle stub. Can anyone confirm this? If someone could post picks of the micro crawler and trekker axle/stub & hex parts side by side I would appreciate it. I was hoping I could buy the stub and hex to widen my micro crawler as the tires rub on the upper links.
you are correct sir. a longer threaded stub and a wider platix hex is the only difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungi View Post
I don't know the answer but may I piggy back another question? Are the tires and rims interchangeable between m4X4 and mRC?
the rims are the same, and the tires are the same size as the OG, Rc4WD, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
from what i have read the wheels are the same, tires will swap over. the extra width is from longer axle stubs and a thicker hex which comes out to 3mm each side or 6mm extra width per axle

" Del Monte " from losi confirmed this in other threads and i believe its in the review vid from horizon hobby

I think there is a width comparison picture somewhere

So from what I understand, to like "upgrade" an Original MRC you would need the CVD's and hexes from a TT
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Well you dont NEED the drive shafts. you could always lengthen McRC shafts to the desired length for less than the cost of the Mc4x4 shafts.
I'm looking forward to the longer axle stubs and thicker hexes being available separately.
The stock McRc shafts are around $5
the delrin crawler X kit is $10. I would think the Mc4x4 shafts and hexes would be close in price, maybe 10-$15

Anyone happen to know how much the Crawler X kit widens the axles? I didnt see it on the page last time i looked
Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I believe its 3mm per hex, so 6mm total?
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
I believe its 3mm per hex, so 6mm total?
The same as the Mc4x4? Hmm cool.
I wonder how bad the steering would be with both the longer stub shafts and the hex extensions from BWD or crawlerX... or even the Offset wheel mod.
it would get you an extra 12mm or so
Old 03-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #8

I have the trekker and just picked up a micro rock tire set tonight (i like the rock's tires better ...better grip). Put them on, no problemo (remove nut, pull wheel put on rock wheel, tighten nut ...2min job).
The trekker's tires also seem to be stiffer (or less soft). I have the foam out of them (trekker tires) and they are about the same as the rock's tires bone stock out of the bag.
The trekker tires are almost more like an SUV tire vs the rock's are like 4-wheeling/off-road tires if you were to think of them in full-scale terms. Trekkers have a flatter (more squared off) profile/tread and the tread doesn't roll around onto the sidewall as much. Me likes the rock's tires better so far ( I left the trekker front on because they have bb's in -em)
...sorry if I'm rambling ..just giving any info that might be helpful
BeerInn is offline   Reply With Quote