Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Is this a good "brother" for my MRC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #1

Question Is this a good "brother" for my MRC?

Hi all,

I am new here and got "infected" by the Losi MRC "virus" about 2 months ago.
I've been reading here on and off and now I finally registered to be able to post.
In the two months with the MRC I already bought a lot of "add ons" and several bodies from 1/24 and 1/25 plastic models. However I had to find out that those are not the right size for the MRC ... so I got a few other bodies from plastic models in 1/32 and those fit much much better!!
But what do I do with the 1/24 bodies that don't fit??
And then I just stumbled over this auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:L:LCA:US:1123

I have read about this crawler before - and now I wonder if this would be a good "brother" for my MRC?
According to what I read it is bigger and in particular the 2 motors instead of one seem to me like this could be a really great "brother" for the Losi ... a bigger, stronger "brother"
And because it is bigger than the MRC, maybe all the 1/24 bodies I bought would not be useless anymore.

Anybody got any thoughts ??

TIA
K
krawhla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

People seem to like the single motor version of this the miniQlo, I havent seen any reviews of this one yet. its been out for a short while

seems you understand its bigger. Im not sure why 1/24 bodies would fit a bigger RC better. the MiniQlo seems to be better suited for large 1/18 bodies or even 1:16 and 1:14

Most 1:24 would be way to small
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #3

I will try to show a picture of what I mean:

this is my Losi MRC and it has a 1/24 Grave Digger body put on ... waaay too big!

this is the same MRC, but with a 1/32 USA1 body:

The difference between the 1/24 and the 1/32 is pretty obvious ... and the 1/32 looks A LOT better if I may say so ...
Old 01-24-2011, 07:39 PM   #4

Ok, looks like the thing with the pictures wont work ... can anybody please tell me how to post a picture? In an other forum it just works with attachement ... how does this work here?

K
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Not sure, but I clicked properties on the red X's & copied the link:

Grave Digger: (I can't get this one to show up)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krawhla/5385805671

USA1 body:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krawhla/5385856089/

The USA 1 is an '88-'98 Chevy bodystyle. To me your 1/32 look way out of proportion- most likely because I have a Micro w/ a 1/25 scale '89 or so Chevy body on it:

TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawhla View Post
According to what I read it is bigger and in particular the 2 motors instead of one seem to me like this could be a really great "brother" for the Losi ... a bigger, stronger "brother"
And because it is bigger than the MRC, maybe all the 1/24 bodies I bought would not be useless anymore.
W/the 2 motors you are gonna need a 3 channel radio to make it work(dig).
The miniqlo are little bigger than the Micros... If your having problems fitting a body the miniqlo will be bigger for sure.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeff View Post
Not sure, but I clicked properties on the red X's & copied the link:

Grave Digger: (I can't get this one to show up)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krawhla/5385805671

USA1 body:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krawhla/5385856089/

The USA 1 is an '88-'98 Chevy bodystyle. To me your 1/32 look way out of proportion- most likely because I have a Micro w/ a 1/25 scale '89 or so Chevy body on it:

I think I know now where "the mistake" in my thought process is ... I look at it too much from a Monster Truck perspective ... using the stock size MRC tires and NOT doing any extension, a 1/24 body is too long and does not look right (to me!) whereas the 1/32 bodies are perfect (again - for a monster truck appearance. "Normal" truck bodies - like your picture proofs - work in 1/25 (with WB extension)

By the way, I did not get the ebay miniqlo from post 1 ... but I will have one to introduce to the world pretty soon - again with a moster truck 1/24 body ... and those really fit the miniqlo

K
Old 02-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Thats because if you go by actual scale according to 1/10 and 1/16 rock crawlers, these are really 1/32 just like all the other micro vehicles losi makes crawlers are just bigger than touring cars and buggys I still don't know why they insist on calling this 1/24 scale the only thing 1/24 scale on it is the servo because they don't make em any smaller
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote