Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro Rock Crawler discontinued?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Micro Rock Crawler discontinued?

This issue was raised on another forum.. but i can't seem to find any solid information. Losi website's RTR page doesn't show the crawler except for the Trekker, but on the Vehicle selector, the crawlers are listed. Guy claims that Horizon Hobby listed them as discontinued, but i checked it myself and says in stock, only the BnD version though.

Can't really find anything about it except for noticing there's a price rise on the crawlers listed on Ebay.
ChiefWigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
rik
RCC Addict

Well its no secret losi is gettig out of crawling. So this may be true.
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

There's a Losi/Horizon guy that frequents this forum, can't remember his username tho. Hopefully this can be confirmed and clarified. BND is better than nothing I suppose.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

well..looks like the scratch builders are gonna rule the roost for a while till something better comes along.
Elastokinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
rik
RCC Addict

Yea rich is his name. If this is true, I can't understand the price increase. The lcc dropped drastically as did the mrc pro...weird.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Man i hope not! I really love my micro crawlers. things were just starting to get good with parts,motors, and now the redcat micro
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Yea rich is his name. If this is true, I can't understand the price increase. The lcc dropped drastically as did the mrc pro...weird.

Rich Trujillo is his name.. Maybe send him a pm.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well its no secret losi is gettig out of crawling. So this may be true.
How come? not enough ppl buying the crawlers? or underrepresented in the higher-end competitions? I dunno i dont really keep up with competitions, i just watch them on vids and fail to keep track of who's who and what's what >.<
Old 10-17-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

lack of popularity in comping shouldn't effect the micros.. I dont think there are any real micro comps. I hope they keep at least one of the micro crawlers around
Old 10-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

When you go to the rtr page on losi the trekker is still there but that is it. All the mcrc in stock everywhere is it. Once those sell out they are gone from what I understand. sucks too. I really like these little guys.
BerticusPryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Yeah hopefully they stick to the trekker, it seems to be more popular.. and hopefully and it'd be awesome if they came out with 1/18 n 1/10 Trail Trekker xD
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Hopefully they are just phasing out the McRC and keeping the Mc4x4 for good. It would be awesome if they came up with another micro Crawler. ( spool diff please! ) it would be a real shame if the micro crawlers were gone completely
Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Hopefully they are just phasing out the McRC and keeping the Mc4x4 for good. It would be awesome if they came up with another micro Crawler. ( spool diff please! ) it would be a real shame if the micro crawlers were gone completely
Ya it'd be a shame. I stayed out of rc crawling for a long time because it was so cost prohibitive, $500+ buy in, minimum $50 mods, etc. These fine little guys finally made it affordable to buy AND mod. They need to pull their heads out of their asses and drop the DT or T or something, not the crawler.
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I just bought mine a few weeks ago at my LHS for $80 and he said that was the last one ever (for his store).
matts175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:12 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Crisis View Post
Ya it'd be a shame. I stayed out of rc crawling for a long time because it was so cost prohibitive, $500+ buy in, minimum $50 mods, etc. These fine little guys finally made it affordable to buy AND mod. They need to pull their heads out of their asses and drop the DT or T or something, not the crawler.

My thoughts exactly....where I live, my micro DT is useless, terrain is too rough. But losi, after disappointing me all these years finally stepped up and made a really cool product. Now they decide to can it? Typical big business b.s......
longhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #16
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefWigman View Post
How come? not enough ppl buying the crawlers? or underrepresented in the higher-end competitions? I dunno i dont really keep up with competitions, i just watch them on vids and fail to keep track of who's who and what's what >.<
Not really due to lack of interest or sales. More or less they are focusing on the racing aspect. Don't know if you noticed but on their site they try to re-direct you to their new site. The racing site. None of this is news. Been talked about. Also, I believe most of their crawler team is gone. Too much has happened in the scene in the past two years or so, and losi fell behind. Don't get me wrong, they make the king of shafties, the lcc. And thy make the dominant rig in 1.9, the mrc. But with moa's taking over the 2.2 scene, there is to much ground to make up imo. The real shame is the mrc, that is THE rig for the 1.9 class. Hopefully newbs, down the road, to the 1.9 scene won't be stuck running a maxstone or a red cat. Only the future will tell.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I bet the trekker will live on for a little while longer. I mean Losi is a buisness and they want to make $$ right?
even if not they will be around on ebay and the forums for quite a while before they get hard to find, losi made a ton of these.

however if and when they do discontinue both micros I think we need to get everyone together and "convince" Axial to do an 1/20 SCX-10 based micro scaler.
an SCX-20 would be AWESOME.

the key to success would be much like what redcat did. same size wheels,tires,& hex. this would allow us to use the same aftermarket wheels, tires & scale chassis already available. keep the axle width the same as the losi because we already have the wider axles from the redcat and RC4WD micro Trex and this would let the 1/24 guys use the same axles. a spool Diff is a must however. no more worm gears please

Maybe I should make a new thread with a poll
Old 10-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #18

i think an axial 1/20(4) scale rig would be outstanding and i bet they wouldnt mind taking our money.... bummer on the micros...
blackfabguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
rik
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I bet the trekker will live on for a little while longer. I mean Losi is a buisness and they want to make $$ right?
even if not they will be around on ebay and the forums for quite a while before they get hard to find, losi made a ton of these.

however if and when they do discontinue both micros I think we need to get everyone together and "convince" Axial to do an 1/20 SCX-10 based micro scaler.
an SCX-20 would be AWESOME.

the key to success would be much like what redcat did. same size wheels,tires,& hex. this would allow us to use the same aftermarket wheels, tires & scale chassis already available. keep the axle width the same as the losi because we already have the wider axles from the redcat and RC4WD micro Trex and this would let the 1/24 guys use the same axles. a spool Diff is a must however. no more worm gears please

Maybe I should make a new thread with a poll
true. on the other hand losi is the ONLY company that makes a drop-in 1.9 rig. in the 1.9 world it's the mrc. period.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
true. on the other hand losi is the ONLY company that makes a drop-in 1.9 rig. in the 1.9 world it's the mrc. period.
Yes but I dont care about that because i have a berg..besides this is the MICRO forum