Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mathcanbefun's night crawling job! Pics!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mathcanbefun's night crawling job! Pics!

Hey guys. Did this with my friend, came out a little off but looks perfectly symmetrical when the lights are on and I absolutely love the result. The single light underneath is so I can see what the front tires are going over (or not going over) and I HIGHLY recommend atleast one light like this if you are going to do some night crawling.

PICS:

It took a total of 7 lights and a connector (16 different wires that have to fit under the body hahah). The light canisters you see are from some sort of jeep 1/24 model from eBay. They came with lenses (square lights on roof) and a couple circular canisters (on front of body), for the single light underneath I opted for open bulb so because it would already be so close to the ground that focusing the light would be counterproductive.
Oh and what I used: (7) led 12v 15,000 lv rating from eBay, 6 canisters (4 square with lenses and 2 semi-circular canisters), a bunch of small heat shrink, a bunch of super glue, soldering iron, solder, electrical tape, duct tape, and oh so much wire stripping!

If you have any questions just ask or message me!
mathcanbefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Mathcanbefun's night crawling job! Pics!

Nice job! Did you make the roof rack? Looks sorta like bent wire but its hard to see. Are the lights plugged into the main battery? Is the downward light enough for the rear tires? I bought a package of LEDs from eBay months ago and am having trouble with my plan. I find a lot of inspiration in these photos. Once again, nice!
LavaCapCrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Mathcanbefun's night crawling job! Pics!

Looks like you have lighting pretty well covered.

Those lights underneath the body...the ones facing down...we call those rock lights. Not trying to be condescending, or anything, just wasn't sure whether or not you knew the terminology. Sorry....gen. II grammar Nazi. I blame my mother.

I need to add lights to my micros, though. Heads & tails, and rock lights. Hell, maybe rock lights on my Wraith, too.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

More pictures!

Old 10-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LavaCapCrawling View Post
Nice job! Did you make the roof rack? Looks sorta like bent wire but its hard to see. Are the lights plugged into the main battery? Is the downward light enough for the rear tires? I bought a package of LEDs from eBay months ago and am having trouble with my plan. I find a lot of inspiration in these photos. Once again, nice!
I got the roof rack off eBay. I'm pretty sure it's just bent chicken wire that's been plasti dipped. But it came with two scale bungee cords and two scale rolled up tents! Haha

The lights run off a seperate battery on the rear deck. I usually just use the stock NiMH as it is just as bright and lasts for a number of runs powering the lights. And then I can use all my lipos for powering the car.

The downward light or "rock light" (haha thanks short bus no worries here I love to learn) does not light up the rear tires because the battery on the front deck soaks most of the light, which is unavoidable if you are mounting the rock light on the body.

Let me know if I can help in any way lava cap! You helped me out a lot when I first got my micro

Mathcanbefun's night crawling job! Pics! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
night crawling bama crawler5 Alabama 1 01-17-2012 03:09 AM
Crawling Night CERO Team Losi Comp Crawler 5 11-26-2010 10:09 AM
Night crawling SLOMatt Axial AX-10 Scorpion 16 10-23-2008 04:41 PM
MaXxIs Crawler gets a new look w/ Crawling pics AT NIGHT MudBoGGinMaxX General Crawlers 3 08-10-2004 10:41 AM
Pics and Vids, Thursday night crawling, Phoenix Arizona kevinlongisland General Crawlers 6 06-18-2004 11:43 AM