Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Micro Wedge chassis.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Micro Wedge chassis.

Snagged one a couple weeks ago that arrived with factory McRC motor, servo, wheels/tires and battery.

Swapped out the factory parts for DDT beadlocks w/ Baja Claws/SS TSLs, DDT 90t, 2s Lipo, mg90S and some Micro T springs. Velcroed the decased rcvr/esc to the servo and added some lead rope to the front axle. Also repositioned the suspension links so they moved more freely without binding.

The little rig was a bit of a disappointment at first but now does very well on the Papasan chair indoor crawling arena and the patio 1 ton rock pile. It manages nearly every line that I pioneered with a similarly modded McRC that uses Miclaws! Even found a couple of new lines with the Micro Wedge.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Micro Wedge chassis.

Sounds cool, I have one and really like it too but I haven't been able to play with it much (waiting on parts). This thing seems to just work. Any pictures?
cjgotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Haven't figgered out how to post pics from this mobile device and everything I thought I knew changed the other day when the damn thing 'upgraded' or 'updated' itself! Taking it to the phone store tomorrow and see if they can explain the changes.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Took the aforementioned Micro Wedge out to the fairly large (40'x70'x15') concrete/asphalt/gravel pile, that has been my favorite crawl spot with the LCC & MRCP, today for the first time. Also brought a couple of other McRCs that are set up differently from each other (#1 has extended rear links and more added frame/wheel weight. #2 has CC SW Micro/Futaba R2106GF/4PL) but both have Miclaws.

The Micro Wedge with the smaller tires gave a very impressive performance on the big pile, crawling much of the same stuff that the LCC/MRCP usually do! Except of course the larger gaps and taller breakovers. Its main limitation seems to be that it gets hung up on smaller chunks. The one with the 4PL needs some more suspension tweaking.

Just ordered a Micro Wedge V2 kit.

Micro Wedge chassis. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BWD Micro wedge chassis Chris333 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 2 01-27-2012 04:48 PM
*Giveaway* BWD Micro Wedge/Micro Vertex Combo!!! billet works Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 42 08-08-2010 12:50 PM
BWD Micro Wedge vs Stock Micro Vid #2 - Indoor Challenge! billet works Videos! 1 12-13-2009 07:15 PM