Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Integy wheels on the MRC...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
Let me 3D Print that...

Default Integy wheels on the MRC...

So I picked up some Integy wheels for my upcoming MRC project. I really like the look of them, the price, and the fact that you can widen the track up a little bit over stock. The variable track feature should help in getting the "just right" look for those scale projects. I also picked up a set of Rock Creepers to go on them as well. I thought that I would share some tips, tricks, and info that I have found while fitting them up.

First a couple of shots on the MRC:

Tip: Because of the bearing size of the axles on the MRC, I had trouble with the "steps" on the wheel adapters interfering with the outboard knuckle bodies instead of riding on the inner race of the bearing. They would not rotate freely when tightened down. To fix this I turned down the "step" so that it would only ride on the inner race. This pic shows the mod:

Trick: The 2mm screws that come with the wheels use a 1.5mm Allen key. I found that just taking them apart to put the wheels on would strip the hexes out on some of the screws and I had to use a set of needle nose pliers to carefully break them loose. Good news...the stock screws in the Losi simulated bead lock wheels are a direct replacement. And they use a 2mm Allen key, which is much better for these things. I like the black better anyways.

Info: I couldn't get a clear answer on this so I measured myself. The stock max width is right around 7 in:

With the Integy wheels (using the +10mm offset adapters) and the Creepers, it takes it out to around 7 3/8".

Well, that is is for this installment. I am looking forward to getting started on the project that these wheels and tires will be used with. Stay tuned...
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Mahalo's for sharing the info
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Nice....any wider and you would have been out of spec for the 1.9 class.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Talking

Nice wheels and the rock creepers look amazing.
DeeBo66 is offline   Reply With Quote