Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi aluminum front knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Losi aluminum front knuckles

Got my Losi cv's installed I already had clearenced the stock knuckle when I modded the stock dog bone setup, and now with the cv's I am hitting the the tip of the knuckle near the tie road mount.
The ? do the aluminums give more clearence near the tie rod mount then the stockers? my stockers have the rib portion cut off.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

82 views and no answer?
I'll ask it this way is there a angle difference between the Losi alum knuckles and the stock plastic ones?
If your to put a pin in each end of the knuckles, will they line up on the same pins ?,ie stack the knuckles on each other and run pins through each end.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I'd like to help but don't have these yet. I cut that little lip off my stock ones too for more steering radius.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I just got the CVD's, had the aluminum knuckles for some time. I'll try to install tonight.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbaneck View Post
I'd like to help but don't have these yet. I cut that little lip off my stock ones too for more steering radius.
Yeah I also modded the stub shafts to the point where the dogbone would almost pop out, but now with the cv's I got way more aval steering angle,where now the rod link portion is now limiting the travel, just wondering if the aluminums have more aval angle due to a angle difference or are they just copies of the stock ones less the rib in the back and made out of alum?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
I just got the CVD's, had the aluminum knuckles for some time. I'll try to install tonight.
What I need is not a on vehicle comparision, but a off vehicle comparision, stacked on top of each other and lined up if possible
Old 01-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I hope this will help you answer your question. I upgraded both at the same time and I picked up substincial steering!

I know It is hard to see here but maybe this can give you and Idea I had to set my endpoint so that the knuckles wouldn't use the axle as a stop!

WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
RCC Addict

thanks for the tech, i have these on order . should be here in a day or two.
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Awww crap.. Now another mod I have to do to my MRC, if I win it on ebay
po' riggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #10

Where did you buy all the alum. Rods and servo mount?
Chad24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
I hope this will help you answer your question. I upgraded both at the same time and I picked up substincial steering!

I know It is hard to see here but maybe this can give you and Idea I had to set my endpoint so that the knuckles wouldn't use the axle as a stop!

Sadly no, thanks though
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYGOAT View Post
thanks for the tech, i have these on order . should be here in a day or two.
Lets stay on topic here please
Quote:
Originally Posted by po' riggity View Post
Awww crap.. Now another mod I have to do to my MRC, if I win it on ebay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad24 View Post
Where did you buy all the alum. Rods and servo mount?
Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Man I was just going to answer you...though your attitude has me moving on.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Man I was just going to answer you...though your attitude has me moving on.
Attitude? because guy's are chit chatting in my thread?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Umm lets see the laundry list of add ons

The chassis is a DNA Mini SS that is where the axle plates/servo mounts come from.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136687

The steering links are from Cody http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145449

I'm running Losi Aluminum C's LOSB1412, Spindles LOSB1411, ALuminum Rear hub and one piece axle LOSB1423, Metal Lockers all around (F/R LOSB1433 Center LOSB1435), Aluminum Hexes LOSB1461, and CVD's LOSB1455.

Just a few pointers if you start upgrading one, when you order your frist part order one of these too LOSB1419 it is a complete screw kit. Just incase that super important bolt rolls away! Don't forget to put some heat shrink on the CVD's so the pins cannot fall out (I forgot and had to tear it down again). When your changing to the aluminum parts don't forget to use a little blue thread lock specially where you are bolting into aluminum.

I got all that over time from my LHS Deerfield IL Hobby Town USA they get their stuff from horizon http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...prodDetailTabs and as I saw Rich T post new stuff comming out and the part number I had them order it for me. Took a while to get it all put together but...

Hope that answers you questions I included all the part numbers hope that helps. I'm pretty sure they are all right.

Now all I need is Mayhem to get the 1.9 Doulbe Fatties out, and it to get warm to paint a nice body or two.

Please let them chat it's all about fun and learning. You never know what you might learn from a couple guys chatting about something in here. I have learned tons of good things.

Last edited by WarTrader; 01-22-2009 at 07:20 PM.
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:03 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Please let them chat it's all about fun and learning. You never know what you might learn from a couple guys chatting about something in here. I have learned tons of good things.
I dont mind if they had some usable input, like I did this or that ,something to do with the topic,, I was trying to be nice about it.
Everyones different, again thanks for your input.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:51 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Well Joat the Aluminum Knuckles do turn further than the Plastic stock.

They turn clearly with the CVD's until the end the screw goes into hits the axle/C. The stock ones as you mentioned need to be trimmed to do the same.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
Umm lets see the laundry list of add ons

The chassis is a DNA Mini SS that is where the axle plates/servo mounts come from.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136687

The steering links are from Cody http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145449

I'm running Losi Aluminum C's LOSB1412, Spindles LOSB1411, ALuminum Rear hub and one piece axle LOSB1423, Metal Lockers all around (F/R LOSB1433 Center LOSB1435), Aluminum Hexes LOSB1461, and CVD's LOSB1455.

Just a few pointers if you start upgrading one, when you order your frist part order one of these too LOSB1419 it is a complete screw kit. Just incase that super important bolt rolls away! Don't forget to put some heat shrink on the CVD's so the pins cannot fall out (I forgot and had to tear it down again). When your changing to the aluminum parts don't forget to use a little blue thread lock specially where you are bolting into aluminum.

I got all that over time from my LHS Deerfield IL Hobby Town USA they get their stuff from horizon http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...prodDetailTabs and as I saw Rich T post new stuff comming out and the part number I had them order it for me. Took a while to get it all put together but...

Hope that answers you questions I included all the part numbers hope that helps. I'm pretty sure they are all right.

Now all I need is Mayhem to get the 1.9 Doulbe Fatties out, and it to get warm to paint a nice body or two.

Thanks a ton i am new to crawling but not new to rc since i raced offroad.And if it is not out of your way can you post up a pic of where you put the heat shrink, You dont have to post it up here cuz of other reasons, so just shoot me it through a pm.Thanks.
Chad

Last edited by Chad24; 01-23-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Chad24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well Joat the Aluminum Knuckles do turn further than the Plastic stock.

They turn clearly with the CVD's until the end the screw goes into hits the axle/C. The stock ones as you mentioned need to be trimmed to do the same.
Thank you, that answer my question
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Has anyone mounted the aluminum knuckles on the stock plastic C's?

I'm Wondering how the fit is, and if it's sloppy, I'll go with the aluminum C's as well.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawl View Post
Has anyone mounted the aluminum knuckles on the stock plastic C's?

I'm Wondering how the fit is, and if it's sloppy, I'll go with the aluminum C's as well.
im running the aluminum knuckles on the plastic c's and its been fine so far. Going to order the C's eventually though
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote