Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Burnt up stock motor?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #1

Default Burnt up stock motor?

I finally got my MRC fully built with the new chassis, weighted wheels, and 1.9 flatirons. The truck is just awesome and makes every section easy. I am still running the stock motor though, and it seems to stall pretty easy now. At the end of a run, you can really smell the motor working hard. I had a fully charged pack in it and it started acting like the battery was dying about a minute or so into the run. Pulled the battery out and put it on the charger and it was at 7.8. So I know the battery is fine. Have you guys had problems with the stock motor on a fully prepped rig? Is the HH mini torque master a much better alternative?
Racerx336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I never have a problem with mine on 1.9 flat irons and weighted wheels. Maybe something is binding?
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #3

Already checked that out. Everything seems ok as far as binding goes.
Racerx336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The stock motor is kind of a cheapo, not really all that great. The HH motor is really nice, but a touch slow for my taste. The reedy stump puller works well also and is a bit faster than the HH, a lot of locals are using it and like it. I'm using the losi mini slider motor with a 12t pinion (stock is 14t) from a RC18, which is also really nice. Very fast, more torque than stock, and it has a real brush hood-it's rebuildable. For the money it's really tough to beat, though both of the others I listed will work as well.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

just fried mine yesterday with the flat irons. got it bound up and it just died. bought another for$15 from the lhs until i get an fxr and a holmes torque master
sirbikealot7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Just put the Mini-Slider motor in mine with the smallest press on gear Losi offers, Jetboat swore he saw the tires balloon at the comp Saturday
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote