Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Mini DNA slingshot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Just jump it!

Default Mini DNA slingshot

Well i put this together today so my 2.2 rig will have a little brother.
DNA chassis, DNA thrashers, proline flat irons,Tekin B1-R, Holmes hobbies mini torquemaster,Aluminum diff lockers,HR c's and knuckles, Stock shocks with internal limiters.
Everything came out pretty good but still getting alot of torque twist. I tried a few different things and the final set up seemed to have the least but still pretty bad. Guess i will try a heavier oil later.

Ended up with the rear links like this. Helped knock out a little twist but still worse than my stock chassis 4 link set up.

rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I thought that was the whole point of running a 4-link, to get rid of torque twist. Thats the whole reason I just ordered a slingshot
Shadill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadill View Post
I thought that was the whole point of running a 4-link, to get rid of torque twist. Thats the whole reason I just ordered a slingshot
I topped off shocks with some 50 wt and moved them to the outside of chassis and it helped ALOT. Day and night better. Now i need to find some longer little screws to move the bottom part of the shocks out some and that should do the trick.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #4

looks like the lower control arm angle is awefull steep, you should try to get them parallel with the ground and the 4 link will work mucho better
spinnrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Definitely a steep angle on the lower links...might try limiting your shocks or running some shorter shocks. Keep us posted RB!

Don
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:33 AM   #6
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Definitely a steep angle on the lower links...might try limiting your shocks or running some shorter shocks. Keep us posted RB!

Don
I got some mini t shocks to try today. If i can figure out how to mount them.
I got them mocked up. It helped even out the links and actually looks like it will work pretty good. This is the only thing i could figure for the top mounts. I might cut the top off and put some mini rod ends on there later.

Next problem is this , were the bottom shock mount is, i want to move them out but I need some longer screws for this bottom mount here.

Last edited by rottenbelly; 03-15-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Just jump it!

Got it finished and running great. Did some test driving and love it so far. Holmes motor is awesome!!!!. Pulls whellies with aluminum wheels and 3.75 oz's in front tires. Does back flips great. Might lower shocks one more hole but gonna have to trim the body major. Torque twist is gone set up like this.

Ended up mounting the links and snocks in opposite places. So far so good.