Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Please HELP with losi threaded shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Gold Star Baby!

Default Please HELP with losi threaded shocks

Today I took my MRC out with a new tire foam set up,new Losi shocks with the same set up as before.I purchased another set of losi shocks for my current MRC..old ones I put on a stock MRC as an upgrade..
HERE is the ISSUE........
I keep pulling the shaft out of the threaded shock link..WHY ?????

never had this issue before and by coincidence another MRC owner on here has has the same issue with the new set that he purchased.
PLEASE HELP with any info that could help with this issue..

I just dont know what is different ..shock shaft threads.inferior shock ends..
I JUST DONT KNOW !!!!!!!

also..the old Losi threaded shocks are about 1 1/2 old with no issues
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
Today I took my MRC out with a new tire foam set up,new Losi shocks with the same set up as before.I purchased another set of losi shocks for my current MRC..old ones I put on a stock MRC as an upgrade..
HERE is the ISSUE........
I keep pulling the shaft out of the threaded shock link..WHY ?????

never had this issue before and by coincidence another MRC owner on here has has the same issue with the new set that he purchased.
PLEASE HELP with any info that could help with this issue..

I just dont know what is different ..shock shaft threads.inferior shock ends..
I JUST DONT KNOW !!!!!!!

also..the old Losi threaded shocks are about 1 1/2 old with no issues
I had the same issue with my first set of shocks and ended up replacing the end with one from the stock shock and a dab of thread lock and it wasn't an issue again. My last set has been fine so far...knock on wood.

Good luck Marc!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
RCC Addict

i just glued the damn things on
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #4

I glued them as well. I have no need to take them off so I just put a drop of super glue in the end before threading the shaft in.
IrishPunk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i had this happen to me last week. it happened three times in fifteen minutes. seem like everyone is glueing them in. ill be doing the same thing.
CrawlHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

it seems one of the ends was not right..too big..took one of the stock ones and transplanted it to the new shocks..no problems so far
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #7

Default Lower shock mount

Wait till you add weighted wheels and a brushless system, (both losi upgrades). Even after glueing, I'm pulling the shafts from the mounts. I think nice 2mm aluminum connectors would be the way to go ( not much of a machinist but I may try)

If you look how for the suspension travels with only one shock connected maybe longer shocks would work ( been trying to find something but the crawler being a mini..... hard to find a great upgrade).

Good luck to you guys.. If I figure something out I will post on a new thread here.
crawlthetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
RCC Addict

yeah i have the same problem ever since i went to the aluminum shocks with the stock chassis, stock motor, gc3 chassis, brushless mongoose doesn't seem to matter
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlthetime View Post
Wait till you add weighted wheels and a brushless system, (both losi upgrades). Even after glueing, I'm pulling the shafts from the mounts. I think nice 2mm aluminum connectors would be the way to go ( not much of a machinist but I may try)

If you look how for the suspension travels with only one shock connected maybe longer shocks would work ( been trying to find something but the crawler being a mini..... hard to find a great upgrade).

Good luck to you guys.. If I figure something out I will post on a new thread here.
Mine also pulled out no matter how much glue I used. Go to the dtx shocks and don't look back.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

We got my son these shocks for his birthday and took it out this weekend and had the same problem but only on one of them. I guess we're gonna try glueing them and go from there. We tried thread locker on it and it didn't help at all.

Does anyone make aluminum ends?

Nick
Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #11

Haven't been able to find any.....

Could we buy 3mm metal ends and fill the end with solder and drill and tap it too 2mm????
crawlthetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Gold Star Baby!

ever since i found a shock end(possibly from the old stock shocks) i have not pilled any out..I didnt glue them either..and the new ones I bought only one was bad too!!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I limit all of my mini shocks inside and out with the softest Fuel line I can find....this helps cushion the shaft at the end of its stroke...if it bottoms out hard and you pull some throttle, that may be enough to pull the little sucker apart....I also stated running all of my shocks upside down....havent had this problem again in months......
bquin is offline   Reply With Quote