Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC gone forever?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #1

Default Losi MRC gone forever?

Has Losi permanently discontinued them? I see that Valterra is building what looks like an exact clone, but seems rather pricey. I guess the only place to find a real brushed MRC is the random eBay auction?
Skunkneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Their are a few threads bout this. I believe they ate one in the same, to a point..

You can wait and get 30 posts in 30 days or.. spend 20$ to support the site and you get instant entry into the for sale section.. Way better then eBay!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #3

Default Re: Losi MRC gone forever?

I had looked at all of the posts in this sub-forum going back two months and didn't notice any, but I could have missed those threads.

Thanks for the advice on the paid membership.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

10 threads down and 40 threads down.. both on the Slick Rock..

Some times it is a pain, even with the search function, to find what ur looking for. Diff names and diff thread titles..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM   #5

I saw both of those threads, which is why I mentioned not really wanting the Valterra due to their price in my first post. I am looking for the actual Losi MRC. I am looking for one for each of my boys.
I guess I'll keep scouring eBay.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
RCC Addict

MRC's can still be found, you just have to look really hard. There's a hobby shop here in Plano that had a Pro last time I was there. Doubt he's sold it, but it's possible. Only hobby shop that caters at all to crawlers.

Otherwise, craigslist, ebay, or the classifieds here.

For what it's worth, though, yeah the Slickrock is fairly expensive, but IIRC, that was the original price point for the MRC RTR, too. The Vaterra offers a little more performance for that money with the metal lockers, full-size servo, water-proofed electronics, and tube body, so it's not a terrible value. I'll end up buying one for my son within the coming months for sure. He sure as hell ain't getting my MRC.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

You can get a set of stock axles off RC Recycler for like $70. Then just find a trans and go from there. Most of the guys on here end up only keeping the axles and trans anyways. RC Recycler may be on crack but he has a lot of things that are hard to find.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkneck View Post
Has Losi permanently discontinued them? I see that Valterra is building what looks like an exact clone, but seems rather pricey. I guess the only place to find a real brushed MRC is the random eBay auction?
Like the Losi Mini-T? Big business. I'm working on an Axial XR10 based Mantis MOA project based on a very rare discontinued donor XR10 rig from eBay. There's not enough demand for the model for the big boys to produce. The hobby goes through all lot of "evolutions". After electric 1/10th racing's popularity came the onslaught of 1/8th nitro off-road racing. Then crawling's popularity overshadowed 1/8th. Now short course truck racing is the rage. Along with the popularity of scaler. I wonder what's next...
ClovisCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Losi MRC gone forever? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
clod stall forever????? fly Electronics 75 07-12-2008 11:56 PM
Bratz Forever Diamond Cruiser SalManilla Chit Chat 0 11-03-2007 12:05 PM
Searching forever Centipede Comments, Suggestions, and Help 5 10-01-2007 07:42 PM
School's Out ForEver!!! bustedcrawler Chit Chat 6 05-16-2005 10:42 PM