Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Going scale but dont know what to get HELP!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Going scale but dont know what to get HELP!!!!!!!

Well I'm gonna make my rig scale its completly stock but front and rear metal lockers. I have no idea what kind of chassis i want i was looking at the l-trail from the crawler store but i dont know what body will fit it good and were to buy a body. I want ether a jeep or an fj crusier. I have $150 to spend on this and I am ether getting flat irons or mud slingers for tires it all depends on the body.

Thanks
geekfreek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekfreek95 View Post
Well I'm gonna make my rig scale its completly stock but front and rear metal lockers. I have no idea what kind of chassis i want i was looking at the l-trail from the crawler store but i dont know what body will fit it good and were to buy a body. look in the mini area. I have seen some there. There are small bodies at toy R us, e-bay, the BST section here. I want ether a jeep or an fj crusier. I have $150 to spend on this and I am ether getting flat irons or mud slingers for tires it all depends on the body.

Thanks
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/ go look in this section. With asking a scale question in the rock crawling are you will get some greef, I have to ask with all the help im giving, Did you try a SEARCH BUTTON? Good luck!
skywker51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekfreek95 View Post
Well I'm gonna make my rig scale its completly stock but front and rear metal lockers. I have no idea what kind of chassis i want i was looking at the l-trail from the crawler store but i dont know what body will fit it good and were to buy a body. I want ether a jeep or an fj crusier. I have $150 to spend on this and I am ether getting flat irons or mud slingers for tires it all depends on the body.

Thanks
I would stick with the Ltrail for your chassis, and as far as bodies go your options are huge but you will have to be able to make adjustments for each body. You may have to build your own links to get the wheel base set to the correct length. You will have to fab up your own body mounts. going scale is a little more difficult then building a comp rig. there are so many bolt up comp rig set ups that only require fine tuning where as a scale build goes you have to fab several of your own parts.

You need to make a plan and go for it. I've read your other threads and it seems your not really sure which dirrection you want to go...so kick back think hard and go build a nice rig. As far as 150 bucks go, you could get everything you need at tcs, rpp, etc...you have to do your own shopping around
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks and yah i really just dont know which way to go i love the look of scales who doesnt but i want the ability of a comp rig I just cant deside yet ive been reading around and im leaning toward comp alittle more because of my envirment but then i have the question of do I really want to spend all this money making it comp ready
geekfreek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

there is a difference between comp ready and comp durable. I got the pleasure to compete againest joe bruiser and in my opion i have the nicer rig but i still got spanked hard cuz his driving skills are far better then mine. you can comp with a budget rig you just have to know how to drive what you got. and you have a local comp scene you should try it out and then make your decision on comp or scale. i have no comp scene where i live.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

im doing a scx 10 chassis with a walmart toy body
R/C BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i turned my mrc into a scaler using the tcs crawlers L trail chassis with 12mm hex wheel wideners. here is a link to my build thread. street class wrangler
KnightRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
RCC Addict

I'm kinda fond of the Midnight Pumpkin bodied MRC scaler I won off flEabay about a year ago. It was built on a L trail chassis and running a eZrun 18A-SL brushless esc and an Turnigy B2040 - 2080 motor. It has been a shelf queen up untill a couple days ago, I just finished up gettin ready to take it out on the trail this weekend. Here's the flEabay pics:

I love that body, been entertaining the idea of giving it the Sanford and son paint job.
DonsATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
evo

that is a killer body.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonsATV View Post
I'm kinda fond of the Midnight Pumpkin bodied MRC scaler I won off flEabay about a year ago. It was built on a L trail chassis and running a eZrun 18A-SL brushless esc and an Turnigy B2040 - 2080 motor. It has been a shelf queen up untill a couple days ago, I just finished up gettin ready to take it out on the trail this weekend. Here's the flEabay pics:

I love that body, been entertaining the idea of giving it the Sanford and son paint job.

nice looking fleabay find....
79cutlas is offline   Reply With Quote