Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Your first comp with your MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Thumbs up Your first comp with your MRC

I have been throwing around the idea of doing a comp with my new MRC. I will wait till I know more about it and the MRC is ready as well.

I have gone to comps with him and saw that everyone is telling the person that running what way to go so they are getting 5+ people telling them a few different things. That would drive me battly lol. The people that run the comps tell you how much time you have every 15-30 seconds and that would make me nervous.

Do those things ever get to people or am I being a nervous girl? LOL I can handle the truth. I know that my skin is a bit too thin sometimes.

Also if you were at a comp or running one and someone said I'm getting too much info from all directions would you be offended or understand?

I really loved seeing that everyone is so helpful and willing to teach the people that just started crawling. To get in front of someone that is a PRO crawler and have them throw their wisdom on you there is no better wya to learn.

Tiff
RCKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCKitten View Post
Also if you were at a comp or running one and someone said I'm getting too much info from all directions would you be offended or understand?
It shouldn't be a problem at all.
At our comps some people ask for the help or suggestions on lines.
Some people ask for peace and quiet. Whatever makes you comfortable.
You can also ask the judge to only let you know your time at certain points, even if it's only within the last minute.

Give it a try!
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I'm going to try my first comp with my new MRC next weekend. I'm basically going into it knowing I'll suck and that it will mostly be a chance for me to see how they work and learn all the rules. I haven't really had a chance to do any crawling with anyone else so I'm excited to get feedback from people and see how other people set up their rigs.

Main thing to remember is to go and just have fun. Thats what I'm looking forward to.
Getrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

if it bothers you to have people tell you what to do i know a lot of drivers from our club just listen to their mp3 players while they drive
crawler pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would always suggest going to a local comp at least once before you compete so you can see how they do things. Ask questions in between runs about what is different about their truck & most times people enjoy talking about what they changed or customized. My club only calsl out times every minute and a 1/2 or so. There is a lot of BSing before & after each run but people are pretty considerate while you are running. The main thing is to have fun.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:36 AM   #6
RCC Addict

right now i run 2.2 but i have my first comp with my 1.9 this weekend

when i go run 2.2 i choose the easyest looking course the watch other people run through it one by one to see what lines they take
then try to find the lines that are easy so you dont have to be as stressed out
then think about it and if its your first time just ask one person for adive because more then one you get confused
then before you run ask for a course walk through even if you have seen all the gates then might give you tips as well while the walk through
then take a deap breath and run the course
if you fell stressed because they tell you the time constantly ask to have them stop so you feel less stressed
if you make a mistake just slow down a little even though i have run a full comp season with my 2.2 pro creeper (and there are only 2 other shaftys and they are losi's and the rest are xr10 or bergs) i can onlycomplete one course peer comp but im now running out of time instead of pointing out
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote