Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 4 link MRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 4 link MRC

so i got the rcbros 4 link mounts for my Mini. cant seem to find much info for the conversion. its looking like if i get another set of lowers they will almost be a perfect fit as the new uppers, and probably have to outboard the shocks at the bottom, maybe widen them at the top also, and thats with the upper links mounted inside the frame. all original chassis, shocks, etc. /should i try to move the lowers to the center of the skid to help keep the axle centered anyone thats done this wanna throw in some tips tricks or advise would be appreciated. id like to have a comprehensive list of what i need before i start.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #2

Default Re: 4 link MRC

I am wanting to do the same hope someone will post up
bigdogramsst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I've wondered as well.
Rooney7783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

with a little research im thinking pro lowers will be a perfect fit to the middle pair of holes on the rcbros mount, on the front at least. so far i plan to get a full set of pro links, and 3x20mm capscrews. ill post what i find when i get to it. had a couple other things come up so its on a temporary hold.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #5

I was wondering if anyone had 4 link how to write up.
Duanesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Scale Detail Engineering

Not sure what stock parts to use. I used threaded rod and Traxxas rod ends. Your best bet, allows you to try different wheel bases and axle clocking.
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #7

ive noticed some mrc pro chassis on ebay for around 20 bucks, those would be perfect for your conversion, because then you could use all pro links also, just a idea
ponderj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

yeah but then i would basically be running a pro. an i just dont wanna do that. part of the fun is figurin out what works an what doesnt.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

well i too have the rtr mrc and want to stay with the stock chassis....i just like to see how well i can make it work...and i am very pleased with my progress so far...i have done a lot to it, a 4 link being one of them....i just used some 3mm all thread and some brake line and the stock rod ends....figure out how long you need them and make them....i have discovered that i enjoy making things for my rig more than just buying them...it gives you more of a feeling of accomplishment and makes the truck more personal...
pugs2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

what size brake line, yes know im bein lazy askin instead of researching it myself, but its 3 a.m. an my motivation is waning. cut me some slack lol.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

well i did the front of the mrc yesterday because it already had the 4 link plate mounted. the pro lower links fit perfectly to the middle set of holes, the pro uppers are to long for the rearmost holes. the pro links use 2 mm screws, an the frame mounts of the 3 link on the rtr use 3mm, i just tried to center the nut in the frame hole an snugged it well, i mounted the links inside the frame. it definately reduces articualtion, i also got a set of pro shocks, used, and mounted them outboard at the axle, no clearance issues. its considerably stiffer, i havnt messed with springs or shock oils yet, but will soon. with the rear being 3 link an front being stiffer the torque twist while climbing is terrible. alwyas wants to pick up and carry the right front. as soon as i pick up a few more 2mm nuts and some different springs an shock oils i will do the rear and start trying to tune. but in answer to the original question, yes the pro lower links are a direct fit for uppers using rcbros link plates. i beleive the rtr lowers are a couple mm shorter, so they could be used to get more caster but would also increase driveline angle.

4 link MRC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help with a 4 link on my MRC pugs2300 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 0 12-05-2011 09:00 AM
MRC 4 link smokngunz Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 06-12-2009 12:42 AM
MRC four-link set-up ???'s sirwin47 Newbie General 2 05-19-2009 01:00 PM