Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: is the ESC gone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default is the ESC gone?

Got me a new MRC last sunday. This is not my first crawler so I've been modifing it like crazy. Already has;
Metal lockers F&R
Losi bent links
Top plate gone
All eletronics lowered
Losi 600 mah lipo
JR 9100t servo

That's when the problems started when i mounted the servo. Now when I crawl I'm good for about 4 maybe 5 minutes the the ESC shuts down. servo still works great just no power to the motor and the red light on the ESC blinks. 30 seconds later good to go again for a couple more minutes until shut down again.

Guys at my track say the servo is robbing the power to the ESC? Others say it's just shot. I intend to get a new motor and ESC just not yet Anything you guys can think of to help this situation would be great!

Also been reading and searching like crazy- novak mongoose or brushed with an aftermarket ESC? Would love your guys input. Thanks TT
T.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #2

thats what happend to mine and i got the novak mongoose for mine USED and i have no problems at all i would highly sugest one of these and there is no way i would go back to stock.
ski doo boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

sounds to me like you guys need to visit castle creations or lhs and get a bec the steering servo is pulling all the power which isnt giving the esc the power it needs
crawler pilot is offline   Reply With Quote