Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: How to? Losi wheel weights.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default How to? Losi wheel weights.

I have a rtr with stock wheels. I ordered the Losi wheel weights and beadlock rings. Okay, either im just stupid or these wheel weights just dont fit. They are to wide, dont sit inside the wheel. Losi p/n is LOSB1496. Someone please tell me if im dumb or how to do this.

Got the lock rings on by the way. no problem.
Hulldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: How to? Losi wheel weights.

if I'm right the losi wheel weights are for the losi aluminum wheels, i just used 1/4 lead rope you find in the fishing section at wallmart or other places you can fishing supplies and wrapped the front twice (two rings) and once for the rears and tapped them down with black electrical tape if you do it tight enough the tape will be inside the center of the wheel and your lock ring will side over no problem.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Post Re: How to? Losi wheel weights.

Awesome. Thanks for the info on that. I just wanted to do it the "right" way. I guess thats what i get. Being a greenhorn sucks.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

How much does one tire/wheel weigh hillbilly? I want more weight on the titus' im at 7.5oz for one tire/wheel, but dont feel i get that 'plant/heavy foot' effect i want.
a2hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #5
RCC Addict

my stocks feel heavy i also have some weight on the back side of the rim by the hex. i don't have anything to weigh them with so just going by feel and how it drives. i only have 3oz in my vr01 wheel up front not sure the rears as i just used the fishing weight pounded on down flat and sectioned around my breather hole in the inner lock ring.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I ended up getting a 4oz egg weight and hammering it flat. took a screwdriver sideways and hammered it to make a groove and i just ziptied it to the servo for now. i think im gonna bring the wheel weights to work and narrow them a little bit. one way or another. ill try and post a pic on here later tonight. it worked better than i thought it would.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Here is the final "temporary" product.

simple enough
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I can't find the 3/16" or 1/4"....hell any lead rope weights anywhere. Tried Wally World, Bass Pro, Academy, Cabela's.....everywhere I can think of that should carry it and haven't had any luck at all. Ended up spending about $23 on 5 lbs of lead ingot at Bass Pro jsut to have something I can use. Should be able to use it on my MRC and Micro Trekker.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

FYI, Keep in mind, when you add weight to the wheels that is added stress on your already "mini" drive train. Unless you are running the LCC mod, be careful what weight you add or broken cvds are in your future.
RCOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

try you local tire shop.i stopped in the other day to buy some and they said we would know how much to charge you. so they gave me 2 3oz and 1 6oz strip.
rockslider12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I went to wally world looking for lead rope to. Ended up buying the 4oz sinkers.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockslider12 View Post
try you local tire shop.i stopped in the other day to buy some and they said we would know how much to charge you. so they gave me 2 3oz and 1 6oz strip.
Stick-on wheel weights I can get all day long....but the lead rope I can't find locally at all. Only place I found it at all was Sears, which had to be shipped and would've cost me about $35 after shipping and ordering 4 packs of the stuff. The lead ingot I bought was cheaper and I believe I ended up with more weight that if I'd gotten lead rope.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I did a search on google for lead rope and found a place that sells it by the oz. pretty neat. I like the lead rope idea. Seems like it would work well.
Cant remember the website that sells it.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Well. I brought the wheel weights to work today and put them on the bench grinder to take off about 1/8 of an inch and they were still a little tight. So i was gently using a hammer to put them on and they wouldnt go on the wheel far enough to let the lock ring fit. Harder and harder with the hammer until one of the weights broke. Idea scratched. May be going for the stick on weights until i can find some lead rope.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

SUCCESS! I got some 1/2oz stick on wheel weights from my brother in law for the free. He gave me 2 full sticks. I took 4 weights and split each one into 2 pieces longways so i could squeeze them in the wheel under the lock ring. i had to use the hammer a little to make them thinner and give them a little curve. So now with 1oz in each wheel and my 4oz modified egg sinker on the servo i have the perfect weight. The front end really seems to stay planted now. I am however worried about flipping foreward on downhill.?. guess ill find out soon enough.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Put a few weights on the rear axle as well. You can actually put them on that empty plate on the rear axle.
waterboij23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #17

You can also use plumbing solder and rap it around the inside of the wheel.
R/CRules is offline   Reply With Quote

How to? Losi wheel weights. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Knuckle Weights vs. Wheel Weights Harvo Tires and Wheels 34 11-16-2011 01:15 PM
losi Wheel weights got here StreetKill831 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 03-17-2011 11:04 AM
Losi Mini Wheel Weights stomper4x4.com Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 20 12-09-2008 10:35 PM