Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1.55 wheels over LCC mod? Will they fit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 1.55 wheels over LCC mod? Will they fit?

Anybody have input here? I've been rocking the same MRC pro for about 2 and a half years now, and got an itch to go scale with it. I also know that these little axles won't handle much in the way of weight. Soon enough I would like to get my own chassis built, get the Speed Way Pal Samurai body, and start on some sliders and such.

With the added weight over my current comp setup, I'm afraid my little MRC CVDs aren't gonna last. My Novak Mini Mongoose has ALREADY killed about 4 sets of them on 2s. The rear steer setup for a LCC is fairly cheap (though I already bought and modded the Losi Zero Ackerman billet stuff...), and I could really use the extra axle strength. Beef tubes and a housing truss are also in the works. I plan to run this rig on 3s with the scale setup, and strength WILL be an issue.

I've already added an Infectious Ti chassis (no good for a scale build), Turnigy TGY-1501MG, Traxxas overdrive mod, HR trans gears (the spool is getting sloppy after like 4 packs), MIP CVDs, and all the billet Losi knuckles, lockouts, and C hubs. I have piles of spare parts as well!

My question remains, will the LCC knuckles fit inside the RC4WD 1.55 steelies I plan to order?

Stamped Steel 1.55 Stock Black Beadlock Wheel
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That's a list! Lol... ok let's see if I can remember ally answers..

If you have missed mrc knuckles now and are worried the LCC knuckles won't fit, you can always use the LCC axle shafts with the mrc cvd's.. or is it the other way around... crap, maybe someone else can help..
For me, the reason to do the mod wasn't just for strength, it was for the knuckle weight option.. you can always run wheel wideners to get the 1.55's out far enough to use, if they wouldn't fit..

The HR gears together = :/
As you stated, the diff gear gets all pealed out around the locker area.. aluminum doesn't make a good locker, unless it has set screws to tighten down..

My favorite setup for tranny gears is: stock top gear, HR idler gear and the stock diff gear with metal lockers.. I beat on mine with 3s an a mongoose system an 4 oz wheels an knuckle weights...

Last edited by winnerone23; 05-31-2013 at 01:55 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: 1.55 wheels over LCC mod? Will they fit?

That's funny you mention your trans setup. That's exactly what I'm going back to today. MRC Pro steel lockers in plastic bottom gear, HR intermediate, and stock top shaft gear. As for wideners, I have those too. I'm running the red Junfac's, and hate them. They've screwed up the scrub radius so bad that I have actually started building my own housings. Extremely cut down MRC centers, steel tubes, truss, and all the LCC junk on the ends. I really just need to know if the 1.55s will fit over the LCC knuckles with narrow hexes. If not I will change my plans to SCX/AX10 outers and shafts, as I KNOW they fit. I just wanted to stay all Losi, and the rear steer kit is CHEAP at my LHS!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Also worth noting for you guys- If you can't get pinions/spurs to last with a Mongoose setup and you have set your mesh right, it's caused by deflection in the stock motor plate. I've added a second stock motor plate on top of the original as BWD discontinued there billet unit. No more destroyed pinions/spurs!
Old 05-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks for that bit of info about the motor plate. I haven't had a problem yet; but if I do, I'll be sure to double up when it's apart for the repair. Great idea...
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

It takes a little creative thinking to put together, but well worth the effort! You'll have to rearrange a few screws to clear the slipper, ream out the motor holes so the pinion doesn't rub either plate, and ream the hole for the top shaft a little so it doesn't rub on the slipper. While I was at it, I went ahead and polished both plates for a nice look...
Old 06-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I currently have a mini set up with the LCC mod as well as a truck with some 1.55 stamped steel wheels. I can see how the steel fits on the mini when I get home from work this evening and give you some feedback.
rangercat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Awesome! That would be exactly what I need. Thank you sir. Also, is there a chance you could snap a few pics of how tight they are, or why they don't fit if they don't? Thank you in advance!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #9
RCC Addict

you are in luck, they fit without any problems. I am running the RC4WD hex hubs on my wheels
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Sweet! That's exactly what I needed to know. I really didn't want to order wheels that don't fit. Thank you sir!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Your welcome!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Rangercat23-

I hate to draw this out any further, but I gotta ask- what are you running for wheel weight in the 1.55s? With that small a wheel I can't clear knuckle weights (yeah, on a scaler...), but I want to run around 2-2.5 ounces in each front. Can you actually get wheel weight on the bead lock ring inside, or is there some other trick I don't know about?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I actually don't have any weight in those wheels.
What you could do is wrap some lead wire or solder around the ring inside the wheel.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #14
RCC Addict

For you guys that don't make your way over to the 1.9 scale section, I started a build thread. Well, more of a mockup thread...

Plans have changed, and this rig will end up sitting on 1.9s after all. I will have to cut the fenders and build new flares to fit in class 1 (at least half of my tire has to be covered by a flare) with the rig as low as I'd like, but I think it's easily doable.

This is going to be a long build, and probably won't touch tread to dirt till there's snow on the ground, but I've got a good start with a few fresh ideas.

Another scale Sami build, with a few kinks...
Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Well guys, I need your help. I really wanted to build my own chassis for this project, but don't have the time for it now. I think for the time being I'm going to try to find an L-Trail chassis and mod it for the 3-link in the front with the panhard and CMS. Later on the c channel chassis will evolve...

This is the part where ya'll come in...does anybody have a set of side plates from an L-Trail that they'd like to part with? I have lots of stuff to trade, including Pro chassis parts and Ti plates. PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Updates on my Sami build. See my link above. I think you guys will like this...

1.55 wheels over LCC mod? Will they fit? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what 1.9bl wheels fit lcc axles? goobs Tires and Wheels 5 10-19-2011 08:12 AM
steering mod no fit Rathgar Colorado 1 02-05-2010 11:13 PM
mod to fit 90t spur with MIP's phillyb Axial AX-10 Scorpion 0 09-23-2009 08:27 PM
Mod OG center Diff to fit Yokes??? abew330 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 1 01-02-2007 01:03 PM
OG Diff mod to fit yokes????? abew330 Newbie General 0 12-31-2006 12:32 PM