Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Needing a Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Needing a Chassis

Wanting a good comp chassis for a MRC PRO.
Must be able to swap over my pro axles/links/shocks over.
Prefer not to have to buy alot more parts.
Any Idea's? I bought the mini edge but found out it dont work with a PRO.

Any way to make this work?
WestTxRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you already have the MRC PRO, just run it. The chassis is a proven winner ('09 & '10 Nationals 1st place IIRC) and requires no additional purchases or monies spent!! Get your rig to runner status by adding ESC, motor, servo, and radio gear and get on the rocks. Then you can upgrade, change parts, performance tune etc little by little.

PS: If you read the stickys at the top of this sub-forum you will find alot of information about these little trucks. Most (if not ALL) of the questions you have asked recently are probably answered in a sticky.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Buy a BWD Wedge. It will come with everything you need and is priced very fair!
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'll chjeck out the wedge, I already have all the esc and everything. Got more parts than know what to do with. I like the tube chassis look.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckImod View Post
Buy a BWD Wedge. It will come with everything you need and is priced very fair!
Good advice! Best chassis I've run so far, and I have a few different ones. If you want performance, go with this one. If you want the tube look, good luck!
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Stick with the pro chassis and call it good, I see no reason on changing it honestly.
DRCrawlGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yea I checked the Wedge out and Didnt really see to much difference in that and the pro, at least enough to for me to drop 75.00 on it.

THink I will just stick to the pro one.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_tough View Post
If you already have the MRC PRO, just run it. The chassis is a proven winner ('09 & '10 Nationals 1st place IIRC) and requires no additional purchases or monies spent!! Get your rig to runner status by adding ESC, motor, servo, and radio gear and get on the rocks. Then you can upgrade, change parts, performance tune etc little by little.

PS: If you read the stickys at the top of this sub-forum you will find alot of information about these little trucks. Most (if not ALL) of the questions you have asked recently are probably answered in a sticky.
What he says. The Pro is an awesome chassis/rig, just sick your electronics in and crawl. Then you will get to know what you like and don't and what you may want to change. If you just transfer the axles to another chassis then you'll never know what you have in the Pro and whether the new chassis is better or not.
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #9
WAM
Rock Crawler

So why did your Edge not work with the pro?

Is this the one you bought?

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/On-Sale-5...e-p-17400.html

Last edited by WAM; 10-21-2011 at 08:47 AM.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

What it says on the ad, I havent tried to much though, I tried to line up the bottom skid where motor and trans sit at but it;s not gonna fit the mini edge the screws holes dont line up on it. Not sure if I use the shock mount cross bar for top of the shocks to mount to the edge. If not then dont see how they will mount/ it looks it pics that its a RTR version on the TCS website.
I wished I could make it work I like the Edge chassis. Yes thats the one I got also This what it says on ad "TCS Mini Edge frame for Losi MRC RTR (made from solid rod, not tube). This does not directly bolt onto the Race Roller."
Old 10-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
WAM
Rock Crawler

Surely you can make it work -- there are only so many changes between the RTR and pro. Only a few would affect the chassis. TCS is petty good about answering tech questions via their site email.

A lot of people upgraded their RTR's to pros, and all the extra pieces are probably just sitting around in shoe boxes. Find out what you need and put them in the Wanted section.

I have an AX10 Edge. Great for messin around. But now that I want to comp Sportsman, I changed to a more conventional Gatekeeper. I wouldn't think the mini edge would comp as good as a tuned up pro.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

going from a GC-3 to BWD wedge was well worth the $75 spent. add a topper, and its perfect.

i have a few spare chassis laying around if you want one or a few cheap. PM me...
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Pm sent
Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

It's a great looking chassis, no doubt about it but the reason it is being sold so cheaply is that is designed to run with the wider skid plate and 3 link of the original MRC. Most peoples first upgrade was to make their MRC 4 link. I'm sure you make upper links for the chassis or even use those from your Pro - the 3 link from the MRC attaches to the axle differently to that of the Pro.

So, I reckon you need to pick up a wide skid plate that has been discarded - free and then modify your Pro upper links9as necessary) or fab new uppers with all thread. You could likely use the Pro rod ends.

Then you will have a four linked tuber chassis bargain rig. Now all you have is the headache of choosing your electronics and motor
neiloid1 is offline   Reply With Quote