Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi MRC/Vaterra Slickrock Replacement?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #1

Default Losi MRC/Vaterra Slickrock Replacement?

Hello. Long time lurker, first post. I was into RC Cars many, many years ago (my first car was a Tamiya Blackfoot) and lost interest as I went to college. So I'm just learning about new (to me) technology like brushless motors and lipo batteries.

I had my eye on getting a Vaterra Slickrock as I have some rock obstacles around my house that would best fit a 1/18 scale. I apparently dragged my feet for too long and they are no longer produced. I tried finding a left over with no success. I know the Slickrock replaced the Losi Mini Crawler. Did anything replace it?
psupaulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Losi MRC/Vaterra Slickrock Replacement?

Nothing by losi or vaterra. There are some clone crawlers of the losi mini crawler out there like the ecx temper or redcat everest16. Both are the same crawler besides body, anodized aluminum color, tires and wheels, electronics.

If something a little more scale vs crawler. Check out the new barrage gen 2 its labeled as a 1/12 but its a mix of 1/10 chassis and 1/16-1/18 drivetrain. And is close to same wheelbase as that old Blackfoot you had. Just a thought since its close to size as the crawlers mentioned.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #3

Thanks hillbillyrc. I actually saw one of those Barrages in the box at the local hobby shop today. Didn't pay attention to the size. I think I found a used Losi MRC Pro with minimum wear. Are the parts swapable between the MRC and clones? I am thinking wear parts like gears, axles, driveshafts.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Sort of. There is a lot of threads here that talk about them.

Also if you double think about the barrage the gen 2 comes in blue or yellow. If its tan/tanish body That's a gen 1 still good but the things that need fixing on the gen1 the gen 2 has them fixed.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:45 PM   #5
Slow is the new Fast

Have you put up a wanted listing on here? I am sure there are guys out there who would sell a Slickrock.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #6

Smog, I have to wait before I can view the classifieds but I found a good deal on one on another echo website. Excited to get it next week. I’ll post pics once I receive it.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:28 AM   #7

A coincidence you putting this post up I was about to ask if there is a definitive list of parts that will fit the Losi Mini Crawler but looks as if the info is spread about a lot , Oh well the search goes on LoL
Arcright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #8

From what I have gathered most is shareable between the slick rock and MRC. The slick rock has different frame and body but pretty much everything else is the same.

Last edited by psupaulb; 04-16-2018 at 01:09 PM.