RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   New motor for the mini guys (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/610145-new-motor-mini-guys.html)

samaruki 09-08-2019 10:45 PM

Re: New motor for the mini guys

NICE little motor only thing

I have a smoothness problem (start-stop-start) right off neutral..when level nice and smooth but when the rig comes in contact with anything where it requires the slightest increase in pulling power. I get** (start-stop-start)* I need to apply more throttle to compensate or to get pass the problem then it is smooth again. This happens whether forward or reverse.

I use the castle micro sidewinder ESC and futaba 4pk radio

Anybody else having this happening

JohnRobHolmes 09-09-2019 07:24 AM

Does the sw micro have torque control? You can use that to tune out the start-stop-start lurching.

samaruki 09-09-2019 08:50 AM

Thanks for the reply"thumbsup" I will check and let you know.

samaruki 09-09-2019 03:38 PM

Oh John that torque setting...should it be high % or low% if I manage to get it to work on the new micro sidewinder V2 ESC

Well I did find the torque setting in the castlelink but when I tried the motor test it would not work..never finished the motor test on my ESC
I did download the setting before exiting the castlelink program...

Well after trying unsuccessfully to programming my old micro sidewinder sporty I am buying a new version the micro sidewinder V2 and starting this all over when I get it...thanks HH for replying if I have problems I will asking for HELP"thumbsup""thumbsup"

JohnRobHolmes 09-09-2019 08:00 PM

Typically a low setting is enough. A micro X will do better but isnt as small.

samaruki 09-09-2019 08:33 PM

Losi MRC is very tight for space especially with a boddyless chassis

Love this motor just got to work out the bugs and hope I don't fry it in the meantime

Mxkid261 09-13-2019 09:46 PM

So, the micro x is a good match for this motor? I thought small sensorless brushless motors studder at low speed, not the case with this setup? Thanks.

samaruki 09-16-2019 11:48 AM

The micro sidewinder V2 did make difference in the (start-stop-start) at low throttle. I'm sure the micro x would be better if there is room in your rig...I set all the settings as John HH described in his castle setup video on YouTube..."thumbsup" now to get it out to my favorite testing area"thumbsup"

irvan105 03-22-2020 10:02 AM

Ever come up with any videos for this setup? i run hh in my 1/10 and have recently gotten back into mini with the kiddos and considering this exact setup for my mrc