Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: Boston Crawlers Summer Event #4, Nats #5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Boston Crawlers Summer Event #4, Nats #5

The final Nationals qualifier event will be taking place June 4th at Quincy Quarry, in Quincy Ma.

We will have 3 courses set for this event, and look forward to seeing everyone there.

For those of you using GPS you can get there by driving to 93 Ricciuti Dr. Quincy Ma.

We will meet in the parking lot. Registration will begin at 9:30 with the competition to begin at 10:00.

Name:  quincy_map.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  172.9 KB

Last edited by BC-Brian; 06-02-2011 at 04:51 PM.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Event Update

Thanks to everyone who made it out to this event. The weather turned out perfect and the Quarry offered some great terrain.

Three courses were set for this event. The first on top of a large pillar in the quarry. There were 10 gates set up, with a few that were very exciting. The First two gates were challenging off camber climbs. The 4th gate required that you climb an off caber hill and then pivot above the gate to come through. The 8th gate was a tight descent that required good control to not take out the gates, while the 9th gate was a natural span that you needed to turn out of.

Course 2 was spread out over some medium to large loose rock. Gate 4 required that you hook your tire on a ridge and sneak through the gate. Gate 7 was a climb onto a larger flat rock. While the gates themselves were not the most technical drivers had to make their way through the loose rock while watching their time.

Course 3 was on top of a ridge overlooking Boston. It included 8 gates set up over 2 large piles. Gate 1 was a straight shot off a large rock but it had so much Graffiti on it that it had absolutely NO traction. Drivers had to be careful to set this gate up well so they did not slide into a marker. After gate 3 there was a stout bonus gate with the threat of impending doom looming off to the right side of the gate (a 30' drop).

The winner of the Day was Dan Ross, taking home a Castle Creations Side Winder ( a special thanks to Castle for providing the prize for this event).

See you all on June 25th, at Signal Hill in Canton, MA.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What a great day!
The weather was perfect, the location was very cool, and the courses were very challenging. The win didn’t hurt either.
Here are pictures from all three rounds. http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff503/Force55/Quincy%20Quarry/?albumview=slideshow
Force5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Pics look great dan, I have to make it up to one of the comps soon, just means I'll have to do double duty one weekend. How are u liking the boss claws or did u go back to the sodas?
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
RCC Addict

You should drag your self up here : p

We had a great time at QQ.

We will be announcing a new format we are going to try for our July competition shortly. IF you are going to make it to one that would be the fun one.

Stay Tuned.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:30 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
Pics look great dan, I have to make it up to one of the comps soon, just means I'll have to do double duty one weekend. How are u liking the boss claws or did u go back to the sodas?
It's tough to do a double weekend. But I've been thinking about it.
I'm still learning the claws. I tested before the comp and found the "sodas" (as you call them) did much better on the graffiti than the claws.
So I ran the sodas ........ this comp.

Last edited by Force5; 06-11-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Force5 is offline   Reply With Quote