Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CFX

Notices

Thread: Removing skid plate link screws?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Removing skid plate link screws?

Anybody tried to remove the lower link screws from the skid plate? I want to replace the plastic links with metal after stretching the wheelbase out 10mm to the rear to get right for the JK but I'm having no luck getting the screws out to do so. Not even enough room to get a Xacto blade between the pivot balls and the channel they fit into.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2017, 04:37 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Removing skid plate link screws?

Where is your problem? If theres dirt in the way so you cant get a hex driver in there, dig it out. If the screws are loose, but wont fall out, then make sure the openings are round (they can get squished into an oval by hitting rocks) by running a driver around the hole just to enlarge it a little to the normal size, dont cut! Then try to keep the links from putting pressure on the screw, and bang the chassis on its side on a table to get the screw to fall out. Otherwise get a strong magnet that will fit in the hole. As a last resort you can always cut the plastic rod end and ball off the screw and push it out that way if its really stuck

Mst cfx
Axial wraith
Axial yeti
8x venom creeper
Nzmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzmaximus View Post
Where is your problem? If theres dirt in the way so you cant get a hex driver in there, dig it out. If the screws are loose, but wont fall out, then make sure the openings are round (they can get squished into an oval by hitting rocks) by running a driver around the hole just to enlarge it a little to the normal size, dont cut! Then try to keep the links from putting pressure on the screw, and bang the chassis on its side on a table to get the screw to fall out. Otherwise get a strong magnet that will fit in the hole. As a last resort you can always cut the plastic rod end and ball off the screw and push it out that way if its really stuck

Mst cfx
Axial wraith
Axial yeti
8x venom creeper
Thanks. I tried all else above, but the channel surrounding the screw head offers enough friction that even percussion maintenance (banging on the chassis) won't dislodge it. It'll be ball cutting time when I get new links
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:16 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Yeah i had to do that with my wraith a couple of times, the long grub screws are even harder to get out than these screws!

Mst cfx
Axial wraith
Axial yeti
8x venom creeper
Nzmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote

Removing skid plate link screws? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
skid plate/lower link issue tcdawg Axial SCX-10 2 01-26-2013 10:35 AM
Link plate screws keep breaking! Subarutex Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 05-30-2012 03:55 PM
Stage 3 Triangulation skid plate screws Illeagle Newbie General 2 05-01-2008 12:58 AM