Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Club and indoor track discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Club and indoor track discussion

ok...so it seems that there is alot of us in the greater detroit area that gtg alot and will be gtg alot more once its warmer out

so we need to maybee get some sort of schedual figured out for what weekends to run ...

and also i know that the idea of an indoor crawl has been being kicked around ....so we should try to figure out where we can get some space to build it

i know a few of us have already spoke out about volenteering our time and a bit o cash to get something going...now we just need a place really

we also need to find someone who can organize and schedual our gtg's for us as well as keep scoring for us
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

User rm25x is the Michigan Club leader, but I've never seen him since my re-join right when Axial's AX-10 came out. Should we work on a new club president? Any one have his contact info so we can set somethings moving?

I too would love a schedule commitee to work on times and places. I'd volunteer some help as well.

I'll talk to my contacts at Larry's as well as Factory Tracks both of whom have shown interest in helping crawlers out.

Personally I'd prefer a real rock course, maybe toss some wood and such in but the fake courses just don't seem to be as much fun as Davisburg.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i agree on the real rocks...but for winter i would take what i can get

a few of us have been discusing the michigan club outside of the forums a bit ..and its really a needed thing

never heard of factory tracks...if u could fill us in a bit on that would be really nice

i was thinking once things get started and runnin ...maybee meet every 2 weeks for a points kinda thing ....and then for those that cant not play with our rigs...maybee have an impromtu meet on the off weeks for trail riding or crawling

we should elect someone to kinda leed this thing once we get moving in a positive direction
Old 01-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
User rm25x is the Michigan Club leader, but I've never seen him since my re-join right when Axial's AX-10 came out. Should we work on a new club president? Any one have his contact info so we can set somethings moving?

I too would love a schedule commitee to work on times and places. I'd volunteer some help as well.

I'll talk to my contacts at Larry's as well as Factory Tracks both of whom have shown interest in helping crawlers out.

Personally I'd prefer a real rock course, maybe toss some wood and such in but the fake courses just don't seem to be as much fun as Davisburg.
+1 on Davisburg being a hoot! Real rocks, mud, wood etc..... will always top an artificial surface for me.

During the winter is when most of my crawling activity happens...Bottom line there's just too much other stuff going on in the summer. 1:1 racing, camp, family stuff. I'm willing to help out with cash and sweat, but I'm not down with renting a place.....and I'll be scarce in the summer months

I like the Larry's idea even though it's over an hour from my house because it will not only promote the hobby but will also bring in customers to his shop. win win for both parties. Factory tracks would be better, mainly because it's closer to my home.

Jake, when do you plan on chating with the guys at Larry's?

Anyone who wants to take the lead can try to contact Rob at rm25x@comcast.net I think thats it. Take over the website, or start new.
rock runt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock runt View Post
Jake, when do you plan on chating with the guys at Larry's?
Tomorrow...before the playoff games.

I'll bring up the interested total and who knows, they have a rental slot car track that doesn't bring anything in...be a good "L" shape about 4'-6' wide and a total length of about 16'.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Me and my son will donate time to make something happen. I think that electing a new president should be up to Rob weather he wants to run the program or not.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict

If Rob does not want to be the President then I elect Gary (shrek) to be the President of MIRC. I think with his knowledge of the hobby he will do a great job for this club.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I will be willing too donate some time as well
xzk7nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I would be willing to do whatever I can when I am in town. I am away at school right now, but when I am home (roseville) I would have no problem doing whatever I can to help out.
chole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Hey guys I'm willing to put in time and money to the track and I also think shrek should be pres. I'm willin to be vice pres if that slot is open?
1badduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Oh and what about MIRCA (michigan rock crawlers asso.)
Old 01-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #12
RCC Addict

I'm down for donating money and time. I share rock runts problem of Larry's being an hour form my house. However, I know Larry, and know that we would get a square deal.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Factory Tracks is over an hour from me, as is Davisburg...Gotta travel to get to places to run (I race weekly at FTR...). If you guys can get an indoor area in your areas I'd support it. Even Larrys is 20 minutes from me.

Problem is if this goes at Larry's and interests fades, he will quickly pull the area for something else. I'll work what I can, but honestly I think we need to form a solid club and present it to Larry at one time with as many of us showing up that day with our vehicles to show the interest.

I'd also vote for Gary, rcracer or rock runt. 3 great guys who have shown me a new fun side of RC racing besides my normal dirt racing stuff.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Well lets get this ball rolling and stop just talking about it
Old 01-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badduk View Post
Oh and what about MIRCA (michigan rock crawlers asso.)
Tom that is also a great name for us. Guys I need everybody to choose a name we can all agree on. POST IT
Old 01-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Somebody post a voting thread on here please. I would but I really don't know how.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

i like MiRCA that works well...and looks ok also

so what are u saying.?? we all find a day to show up at larrys with our truck at the same time...and kinda corner him or what?
Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Nah I'll chat him up but I'm just the trailblazer. I'll let him know about the group and see what I can since I know the Larry's guys quite well.

Past that yes we might need to all show up one day to show our interest...I'll keep you guys updated on what i get out of talking more with Larry.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Well sounds like a plan and lets not drag our feet about this lets be on top of things
Old 01-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

personally i wouldnt try larrys, last time i was there(back in early april racing the indoor stadium on sundays) i threw around the idea with a bunch of people about crawling and non were interested. plus alot of their customers are racers and i dont think larry would try and get a crawler area started unless that has changed. when i was up there once time in december of 06 i had Jack make me a batt pack for the clod cuz i was too lazy to do it and i conversed with him bout crawling and he said we could try. plus where would there be space in the back for a indoor crawl anyways? thursdays and fridays are on-road cars, sat and sun is stadium, monday close and i think tuesday is stadium practice. haha sorry i just knew that stuff from back at racing there. since it has been 7-8 months from being there last i didnt know if anything changed or not.
pedemaster-rc is offline   Reply With Quote