Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: n00b looking for a spot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #1

Default n00b looking for a spot

Not new to RC (still have my "original" Tamiya Hornet) but very new to crawling. Actually I'm still waiting for them to come in. Ordered both the scx10 and ax10. Couldn't decide which one I wanted so I got them both. Anyways...I'm in Garbage I mean Garden City and was wondering if anybody knew of some good spots around. Is there anything along Hines? Actually looking for both trail/crawling spots and good areas to run my Traxxas Slayer too. Any spots in Canton? (I work in Canton and find myself really bored during lunch) Thnx for any suggestions.
Detroit64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Welcome to RC Crawling!
I got rid of my original Sand Scorcher to get back into RC with a crawler.
Now with my kids grabbing my radios, I have too many rigs to keep up the repairs on.

Not sure about Garden City.
'Twistedone' always has posts of events he is hosting or GTGs.
ie. 2011 Triple Crown Series

There are some guys that meet over in Ann Arbor with scalers.
Ann Arbor area
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Check out Larrys in Utica, they have an indoor crawl course that is good for scalers and crawlers. There is always people there running something, check the MiRca schedule they also do a lot of GTG there as well as comps.
BLKXJ 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweli View Post
Welcome to RC Crawling!
I got rid of my original Sand Scorcher to get back into RC with a crawler.
Now with my kids grabbing my radios, I have too many rigs to keep up the repairs on.

Yeah my girls are too young but my son wants a RC. He keeps bugging me about my RC10T (first gen). 1. It's stripped bare. 2. In the process of rebuilding (not restoring). 3. I love that truck too much. He can have my 1/16 Slash Brushed. 4. He don't even know what kind he wants.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Mine are 9/7/3. All wanted fast stuff. Started back into the sport with a brushless RC18. Waaaaay too much for them 2rs ago, and too many broken parts for me. So crawling seemed like a good fit. Many rigs later I have 3 running scalers, an old beater Stampede, 16th and 18th scale stock rally cars and a Blizzard. Even my 3yr old will pick up and run any of them if you let her. Usually 5-10mins and she's a happy clam - LOL.
Funny saying with the boys is if you ask them the number one rule of crawling and they'll say "slow is the name of the game".
Ended up last summer putting half rock and half broken concrete in a 10x20 area behind our shed. Kids love the couple bridges and small running creek with waterfalls.

The best time they had was last fall at "Diggers" house in GR. He had a night time Halloween crawl the week before Halloween. Fire with food and treats.
Kids ran all my batteries down in between hotdogs and treats!

Let us know if your ever on the west side of the state!
Post of your rigs when you get them going.
sweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:42 AM   #6

Mine are 13/5/2. The 13yr old, like I said before, wants one it's just he doesn't know what kind. I have TCs, SCs, buggies, truggies, zip-zaps, "toy" grade (just because I thought they looked cool), umm...Oh yeah. Coming soon...SCX10 & AX10. So he has seen and ran a few. 5yr old. Well...she wants a motocross bike. She loves Travis Pastrana. The wife is not too crazy about that idea though. 2yr old doesn't know what to think of my RCs yet.

GR huh? Half my family is from that area. Haven't been on that side in years. Not since my son was 6 months old.

I'll get pics up as soon as that wonderful brown truck delivers my stuff. Joe needs to move his ass a little quicker. Yes. I know the UPS drivers name. Wife is kinda addicted to QVC.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Dearborn Heights During the summer there is a place has 4 different Rock gardens and total of about 25 ton of Rocks... Might want to check that out also
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote