Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Anyone from Bay City, Michigan or surrounding area.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #1

Exclamation Anyone from Bay City, Michigan or surrounding area.

I am looking for a scaler/crawler club to join in or near Bay City, or people that want to go trailing and possibly start a new club if there are no local active clubs. I have been looking for months now and all I can find is there was a club but it disbanded a year or 2 ago. Does anyone have any information or are like me looking for other people to enjoy the scaling and crawler hobby with locally.
My personal goal is to bring the new G6 event to Michigan and join a local club or start one. Please contact me here or through my email at craigschofield@charter.net thank you and Merry Christmas to Everyone!
cschofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Anyone from Bay City, Michigan or surrounding area.

I'm not too far from you at all.. Auburn..
You are correct, there was a club in the area, but there haven't been organized competitions up here in quite some time.
I've been going down towards Auburn Hills & Flint, to compete with the guys from MiRCA. Things have been up and down for crawling in Mi. The winter really hits hard.
There are a few guys in the area that do small scale runs. But not too often from what I can tell.
Also, a shop opened up in West Branch. They have a scaler course and have done a couple G6 type events. I haven't been up there, but the pics from the events are in the Michigan forum page. Sideline Hobby..

You aren't the only one that would like to have a G6 event in Michigan. We did a small one last winter and it was a blast. I think everyone had an awesome time.
We did it as part of a competition with the MiRCA guys.

I've been on the look out for local places that would be able to host a 2.2 competition or a G6 type event.
Immerman park in Saginaw has a small area along the river with some good rocks for comp style crawling.
Have walked the nature trail with my scaler in tow and had a decent time there as well.
For a true G6, we really need some private land for a bunch of people and prep work ahead of time.

Anyways, what do you have for crawlers?
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Right now as far a crawlers I have my 2.2 Wraith with a tekin FXR and a tekin 35t motor and lots of upgrades and custom touches, but looking to build a scx10 (G6 model) but I am holding off on that until after Christmas...I am hoping Santa is good to me, lord knows I dropped enough hints to the wife...lol
I heard that someone put a track in Alburn but it is not open until spring, not sure if thats true but rumor has it. I have a friend of mine that is personal friends with the guy that started and designed the axial G6 wrangler and my goal is to get the G6 here and I am positive if I can find some local people willing to help start a club we can do it. Would you be interested in exploring and doing some leg work with me and getting this going? I also would be interested in going trailing with you once this cold snap warms up a bit.
For some pictures of some of my RCs here is my fb page https://www.facebook.com/craig.schofield.507

Last edited by cschofie; 12-10-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yes, there is an offroad track near Auburn. Closer to Midland really..
He has some posts here in the forum and there is a facebook page. I haven't been over there, but might take a look in the spring. I have a b4.2 and a b44.2, so I can play go fast off road again.
I would enjoy a G6, a 2.2 comp, ANYTHING that means I don't have to spend 2 hours in the truck and enjoy crawling with some buds.

The biggest thing for a G6 is the land to do it on. That is step one.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
I would enjoy a G6, a 2.2 comp, ANYTHING that means I don't have to spend 2 hours in the truck and enjoy crawling with some buds.
Find us a spot up there Stu, I know we'd love to find another area to comp or whatever at! Driving is something I'm used to for racing, and comping. I'm always down for a good comp at a good spot.

Problem is michigan is lacking in the natural and even fake rock sources so bad.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Jake, go to google maps and drop these cords in.
43.457459, -84.082012

cschofie should know where this place is.

My local practice spot.
Kind hard to see right now with the snow, and early in the spring the river gets high and usually shuts the park down.
But when the river pulls back, it is a great practice spot. Lots of sharp jagged rocks. Kind like Greg's place. Just bigger.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
RCC Addict

hey stu, that's the park you told me about, right? looks like it would do the trick.
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #8

I know abouts where that park is that would be a great place to all meet for practice. Do you do trail and mud runs or do you only do rock crawling?
Old 01-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

im a transplant to baycity
roninwarrior555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

im local to bc. just getting back into this sport. curently a 99.9% stock scx 10 with a huge lipo. aprox 2 hour run time.
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #11

I'm in bay city. Always been wanting to hook up with some people around here but never found any one. Got a wraith and 2 scx10s. Usually go down by the river and crawl but the snow has been so deep that I have not been able to crawl.
mattcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bay city, club, midland, saginaw

Anyone from Bay City, Michigan or surrounding area. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traverse City or surrounding areas MIcrawler Michigan 83 10-02-2021 08:09 PM
Tri-Cities, Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City, Surrounding Area WickedCrawler Tennessee 2 12-10-2013 03:31 PM
Any rocks in SF Bay Area (south bay)?? MonsterDDT California 2 05-19-2008 11:37 AM
Anybody in Washington, D.C. surrounding area? iphong Virginia 4 04-02-2008 09:19 PM
WNY & Surrounding area Rokzilla New York 2 03-23-2008 10:16 PM