Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Injora ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2024, 10:40 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Injora ESC

Does anyone have one of the new Injora esc's for 1/24 & 1/18 scale vehicles. The YT reviews seem pretty positive if one can believe them. I have one on order to try in the TRX4m High Country but thought I'd ask in the meantime.

https://www.injora.com/products/injo...er-scx24-trx4m

Last edited by Gramps; 01-28-2024 at 10:42 AM.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2024, 11:02 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Injora ESC

I don't have one but I've seen a few positive YT reviews too. I'm curious to see how you like yours Gramps. They sure look like a nice unit.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 12:35 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Curious to hear what people think as well once they’re in people’s hands. Looks decent.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 03:38 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I've got one for my FCX24, I think it's a winner for sure. Great slow crawl, real quiet, waterproof, 3s capable, and cheap.
Whats_a_dickfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 04:05 PM   #5
Go Buckeyes!

I don’t have one either yet, but have seen good reviews on YT.

I’m interested to hear how it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 01:33 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I have one of these on my list, just waiting on some feedback. Hoping it's as good as shown.
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:16 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I have one and can confirm worth every penny. great power delivery, strong bec, overall happy with it and have ordered another one. Also the fact of it having a power button just sets it off honestly.
BerticusPryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 07:31 PM   #8
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerticusPryme View Post
I have one and can confirm worth every penny. great power delivery, strong bec, overall happy with it and have ordered another one. Also the fact of it having a power button just sets it off honestly.
Nice to hear. What motor you running with it? Stock or some other?
Old 02-06-2024, 06:16 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have ran multiple motors on it. So far I have ran the following.
Holmes 87t with stock and low gears
Holmes 66t with stock and low gears
Injora 48t with stock and low gears
Mofo bigblock with stock, low, and high gears
Mofo bigblock X with stock and low gears

So far my favorites have been the Injora 48t (purple) and low gears for really nice low end and the ability to get some wheel speed should I need it.

Now if you want a rocketship, then get the Mofo big block X with high speed gears.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:39 AM   #10
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:

So far my favorites have been the Injora 48t (purple) and low gears for really nice low end and the ability to get some wheel speed should I need it.

Now if you want a rocketship, then get the Mofo big block X with high speed gears.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I’ll try out the Injora 48T. I have seen and heard good reviews on this motor.

Old 02-06-2024, 06:57 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Best bang for the money get the all in one package. They have a aluminum housing, stainless low speed gears,, full bearings, and motor for around $40 shipped on amazon. I bought that opened it up, gave it a bit of grease and beat it off rocks.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:33 AM   #12
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Best bang for the money get the all in one package. They have a aluminum housing, stainless low speed gears,, full bearings, and motor for around $40 shipped on amazon. I bought that opened it up, gave it a bit of grease and beat it off rocks.

Will do. I did see that on the Amazon. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2024, 10:44 AM   #13

Quote:
That seems like a lot of added weight.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 11:04 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

great info, cheers
Old 02-11-2024, 01:02 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

The Injora MB100 esc arrived the other day. Last night I got around to installing it in something, which ended up being the TRX4m Bronco. Had to swap out to the rx too as I don't think the Traxxas 2-in-1 supports and outside esc. It appears to be well made and comes with jumper cables for various rigs. The aluminum housing is nice but I think they could have saved some weight with a plastic one or a bare one like Furitek. The case has big rounded corners which in some circumstances might be an issue. I took out the original exc/rx and mounted the MB100 in it place using the supplied velcro. Ziptied the little Radiolink 4 channel rx to the Mb100. The whole thing weighs in at 16.8 grams vs 16.1 grams for the stock Traxxas unit.

The slow crawl with this is amazing for a brushed motor. I would say it rivals the Furitek Lizard when it comes to low end smoothness. Not sure if it was all the esc that smoothed it out or possibly the Radiomaster MT12 helped a little. Reverse is set to 50% and is not adjustable nor is anything else. But for $22 I don't think you can go wrong. I do wish it can without the aluminum case as an option like Furitek. I'll probably buy some more for builds or conversions away from RTR radios. I can see the switch being an issue in some builds, I don't believe it will stay in the on position if you just unplug the battery, I'll have to try that to be sure.
Old 02-11-2024, 04:11 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

cheers Gramps ... been waiting on yer feedback
Old 02-12-2024, 06:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
The Injora MB100 esc arrived the other day. Last night I got around to installing it in something, which ended up being the TRX4m Bronco. Had to swap out to the rx too as I don't think the Traxxas 2-in-1 supports and outside esc. It appears to be well made and comes with jumper cables for various rigs. The aluminum housing is nice but I think they could have saved some weight with a plastic one or a bare one like Furitek. The case has big rounded corners which in some circumstances might be an issue. I took out the original exc/rx and mounted the MB100 in it place using the supplied velcro. Ziptied the little Radiolink 4 channel rx to the Mb100. The whole thing weighs in at 16.8 grams vs 16.1 grams for the stock Traxxas unit.

The slow crawl with this is amazing for a brushed motor. I would say it rivals the Furitek Lizard when it comes to low end smoothness. Not sure if it was all the esc that smoothed it out or possibly the Radiomaster MT12 helped a little. Reverse is set to 50% and is not adjustable nor is anything else. But for $22 I don't think you can go wrong. I do wish it can without the aluminum case as an option like Furitek. I'll probably buy some more for builds or conversions away from RTR radios. I can see the switch being an issue in some builds, I don't believe it will stay in the on position if you just unplug the battery, I'll have to try that to be sure.
.7 grams is virtually nothing. That's cool. The lack of adjustability of the ESC is a huge downside to me.

Is it possible to de-case the ESC or is the aluminum sealed?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 06:17 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
.7 grams is virtually nothing. That's cool. The lack of adjustability of the ESC is a huge downside to me.

Is it possible to de-case the ESC or is the aluminum sealed?
The esc seems to be setup pretty well so far I haven't felt the need for adjustments. I didn't look close enough to see if it can be decased, I'll check it a little closer and give my thoughts.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:26 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Looks doable to split the case.

Last edited by Sniper4370; 02-12-2024 at 07:33 PM.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 09:17 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

The top of the esc is aluminum and I believe it's being used as a heat sink, the bottom half of the case is plastic. You can split the case and take the aluminum top off but the board looks like it's epoxied into the plastic section. I suppose one could Dremel the side of the plastic case off but other than weight not saving much space if any.

I checked and the on/off switch has to be pressed each time you connect the battery so it's an electronic switch so one would need access to it in a build. Personally I wished it was a true on/off switch so you could just leave it on and turn everything off by unplugging the battery.

Last edited by Gramps; 02-12-2024 at 09:24 PM.

Injora ESC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injora for SCX6? cul8tr 1.5 Scale Rigs 5 09-21-2023 02:42 PM
Has anyone tried the INJORA KLRs? GTSLOW Tires and Wheels 175 07-11-2021 07:11 PM
Injora g500 interior talltee9 Traxxas TRX-4 36 12-01-2020 08:06 AM
Has anyone tried injora WHEELS? Neil2704 Tires and Wheels 9 01-06-2018 06:15 PM
Has anyone tried injora WHEELS? Neil2704 Newbie General 7 01-03-2018 04:56 AM