Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Palm Beach Bots batteries and esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2024, 05:11 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Palm Beach Bots batteries and esc

Hi guys, I am building a new chassis and I am in the process of planning and sourcing parts and electronics for it. I came across a guy in Florida who specializes in robot fighting. I was going to buy a couple small 180mah 3s batteries and 2 other items caught my attention that would apply to micro crawlers but I wanted to run it by here first see what you guys think. Fist he sells an am32 based esc that he says is designed for low end smoothness and control and is only $24. The other item is a tiny 4 channel micro rx that works with the gt5 protocol and is also pretty cheap around $10 if I remember. Both items come Without connectors soldered on so there is that obvious difference but I wonder if they would be an alternative to the more common and expensive esc for crawlers? Thoughts?
surfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2024, 04:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Palm Beach Bots batteries and esc

I haven''t tried any of the open source esc's yet with either AM32 or ESCape32 on them. I know DinkyRC sells them but they are like $50. I wouldn't mind soldering the wires on I did it all the time when I was not Tiny Whoops, most of the esc's came without wires soldered to them. The GT5 is a Flysky TX so I'm guessing it a small Flysky rx the guy is selling. I have some small RadioLink rx's that I really like. Got a link to this guy in Florida? I'd like to check out what he has
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 08:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Www.palmbeachbots.com. I am ordering the 180mah 3s batteries for sure. The esc looks like the one I just got from rcsteve it uses the same protocol the gt5 uses. I am still a brushless virgin so I know nothing about the esc other than it uses the am32 and he says they use it to control the bots and they also need smooth slow speed control. Guy was cool and was asking me a lot of crawler questions. I will probably get the dinky esc but figured maybe you guys would like a cheaper option.
Old 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Got myself dinky. No cheaper option seems available. Works very well outta box did not need any adgustments.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk
Ynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:22 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Yes once I finalize what motor and transmission I am going to run I will order the Dinky!
Old 03-28-2024, 04:39 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Received my batteries from palm beach bots and they sure are tiny! They are only 180 mah but I am building this truck for local indoor comps so I am hoping that it will get me through a ten gate course with a little reserve.

Palm Beach Bots batteries and esc - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West Palm Beach area sphillips Florida 3 02-04-2016 10:32 AM
Palm Beach County scale spots stelerzman Florida 8 01-05-2013 07:03 AM
new scaler course in Palm Beach County stelerzman Florida 231 02-18-2012 10:31 AM
Possible new spot in palm beach county billytee89 Florida 8 03-26-2011 09:41 PM
palm beach county FL crawlers rusty_rail Florida 26 09-29-2009 12:12 PM