Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Missouri

Notices

Thread: Possible TTC Challenge this summer at BIGFOOT 4x4 Open House in St. Louis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Possible TTC Challenge this summer at BIGFOOT 4x4 Open House in St. Louis

Hey all,

As a couple of you know, in addition to running the new Show-Me Scalers group based here in St. Louis, my actual job is manager/webmaster for the Bigfoot monster truck team at our HQ here in St. Louis.

Each summer (normally June) we have a big "open house" at the shop where we host a big truck/4x4 show n' shine highlighted by several car crushes with our monster truck fleet. We also have raffles, tons of food, and local r/c guys do a demo. We promote this heavily on our website/social media/local radio and normally draw several thousand fans out over the 9AM-3PM event day.

I've been considering nixing the R/C demo and instead having the Show-Me Scalers be the host of a scale TTC involving truck pulling, a built up on-site adventure course, and a special real crushed car crawling course (after our trucks get done with them first!).

We are going to have our meeting soon to plan for this summers event and I figure I'd like to see if we have some other Missouri people who would be interested in this event. There is a decent chance I could attract a title sponsor to this for a pretty bitching giveaway to the winner. What say you people?
thisdougsforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Possible TTC Challenge this summer at BIGFOOT 4x4 Open House in St. Louis

I don't have a scaler but I would definitely be in for coming and checking it out sound like a good time!
pull'n'pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Possible TTC Challenge this summer at BIGFOOT 4x4 Open House in St. Louis

I know the location to the left says Michigan, but count me in. I say DO IT...
I used to live in O'Fallon and drove past the Bigfoot shop a couple times a week.
I have a scaler, a TTC truck, and a couple of comp trucks. I am sure I could get a couple of the guys from MI interested in coming down for a big event.
If you can get a 2.2 comp course set up, or make plans to work with the STL Crawl guys to go to Bush Wildlife, Lake 35 if the water is down enough, and do a comp out there.
Scalers on Saturday, Comp on Sunday? Just some ideas.
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, if this gains traction and I get the OK from my boss, I was going to recruit some of the other local groups so we could make a big weekend out of it.

Here are a couple shots from the last couple years -

Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

that is friggin awesome, I totally forgot BigFoot was based out of STL.

When does this usually take place?
ev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
that is friggin awesome, I totally forgot BigFoot was based out of STL.

When does this usually take place?
It generally happens in June. Ill know the date within a couple weeks.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i might drive all the way from KC just for that!
sixshooterstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #8

will the all electric big foot be there? that would be awesome to see!
EbonyNinja636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

great idea! Keep us posted!

Driven/ridden by your headquaters probably a thousand times thru-out my life....if memory serves me, isn't there a nice pile of rocks around that front display area?
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I'll do my best to make this event. Mix of bigfoot and RC, can't beat it!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyNinja636 View Post
considering my scx10 apparently looks like Bigfoot to all of you then yes. If i go
sixshooterstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyNinja636 View Post
I'd almost guarantee that yes our electric monster truck will be there. I talked it over yesterday with our head honcho and event director and said he loves the sound of it.

We normally hold the Open House at our shop in St. Louis, but there is a chance this year that we may move it to a local racetrack and hold an even bigger bash with more monster trucks.

We have a big club run this Sunday and I'll speak with everyone and get commitments for help. Once a location and date is finalized then we can really start to iron out details.

I'm happy everyone is down with it! I think everyone would have a blast (especially if you love monster trucks).

- Doug
Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Doug, you can count me in...
ochevys54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Possible TTC Challenge this summer at BIGFOOT 4x4 Open House in St. Louis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZNO-RC Grand Opening & Open House ZNO-RC Idaho 4 11-01-2011 08:11 PM
Open House BBQ this Sunday at FinishLineRC May 2nd!! FinishLineRC Colorado 27 05-04-2010 06:13 PM