Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: MTRCRC has been invited to...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Default MTRCRC has been invited to...

I just returned from the M4x4A delegates meeting here in Helena, I was approached by Vern Ball the chairman for Divide ride 08, and Dan Apker the RVP for Butte and coordinator for the M4x4a's yearly convention. They are both Very interested in the MTRCRC putting on RC Expos, The convention being the first in April and rather small just a few trucks, and the Divide Ride being the larger of the two, in July. Divide ride we have approval to make it as big as we care to handle, and If we can get enough course and trucks that not only would the 300+ registered drivers and guest be invited but the event would be opened to the public for the one day to help both us as a club expand but to also expose new people to the M4x4a.

The Convention will be held in Butte, April 12-13 at the Copper King Hotel There is a $24 dollar fee If you want dinner, free otherwise

Divide ride will be a week long event in Whitehall, July 14-20, with 1:1 trail rides 6 of the 7 days with Wednesday being a "camp" day where we would hold our Expo. If you are at all interested in the trail rides you will have to look up the Info on m4x4a's website listed above and there is an $80 entrance fee and only 150 trucks are being entered.

I'll and Ben will be in contact with people about possibly getting a hold of some sample trucks for everyone to drive.

I haven't committed Mtrcrc to anything as of yet but I think this would be really good exposure for us and our sport. We as a group we would really need to step up on the Indoor courses to make these happen. I can also talk to Vern about bringing in some real rocks for the Divide Ride in addition to the Indoor courses to really make the event stand out

Pics from last years Divide Ride http://www.m4x4a.org/index.php?modul...2_itemId=37894

Feel free to post up any comments or suggestions

Last edited by slobin3d; 02-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I wanted to do the divide ride last year - but that damned work got in the way again. If the timing works - coiunt me in for both the ride and rc stuff
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote