RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Montana (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/montana/)
-   -   RC Track in Great Falls Area? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/montana/245962-rc-track-great-falls-area.html)

CrawlerGraphics 04-23-2010 07:33 PM

RC Track in Great Falls Area?

Just wondering if there is a RC track in or around the Great Falls area?

Thanks,
Mike

big78ford 04-25-2010 03:28 PM

There is one at the West Gate Mall. I think they are mostly running RC10's. I haven't been involved with it. Here is the website
www.bigskyraceway.com

CrawlerGraphics 04-25-2010 07:00 PM

Thanks, looks like I'll be moving over there from Kalispell pretty soon.

squatch71 04-26-2010 02:01 PM

its a pretty flat track, but they are still working on it. Ran my slash on it and had more fun on the parking lot.

why are you moving here??

you need anything, just let us know...we are a odd friendly bunch...

CrawlerGraphics 05-18-2010 12:39 AM

We'll have to try to hook up sometime this week. It really depends on my work schedule...

kennebell50 06-04-2010 07:03 PM

Don't worry ladies, if you show up you won't be the only slow racers, other peoples wives and girlfriends are now running some laps:lmao:. I figure you guys must be scared of loosing or something, why else would you have not shown your faces around the track. Come on out on the weekends. We are there Saturdays and some Sundays around mid day. I've reworked the track alittle but its tough without much help. Jon shame on you for that statement, but the track is better now. I'd love to see some more brushless SC trucks out there. Its pretty lonely being #1:flipoff:.

squatch71 06-06-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennebell50 (Post 2486547)
Don't worry ladies, if you show up you won't be the only slow racers, other peoples wives and girlfriends are now running some laps:lmao:. I figure you guys must be scared of loosing or something, why else would you have not shown your faces around the track. Come on out on the weekends. We are there Saturdays and some Sundays around mid day. I've reworked the track alittle but its tough without much help. Jon shame on you for that statement, but the track is better now. I'd love to see some more brushless SC trucks out there. Its pretty lonely being #1:flipoff:.

Ladies???

you runnin 1.9 or 2.2 on this track???

kennebell50 06-06-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2488665)
Ladies???

you runnin 1.9 or 2.2 on this track???

Most here are 2.2outer/3.0 inner(ShortCoruse wheels). I thaught there would have been alittle more participation at this track, you guys only live a stones throw from it. Andy says he is getting in some 1/8 SC nitro trucks for sale. I've been considering doing something too since he wants nothing to do with the brands that actually sell and people like. I was considering running a mobile hobby shop out of a single enclosed trailer. That way on race days I could sell trucks, parts, and batteries right at the track. Tons of people are stopping by and asking about the trucks. I think they would sell pretty easy.

squatch71 07-05-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennebell50 (Post 2488903)
Most here are 2.2outer/3.0 inner(ShortCoruse wheels). I thaught there would have been alittle more participation at this track, you guys only live a stones throw from it. Andy says he is getting in some 1/8 SC nitro trucks for sale. I've been considering doing something too since he wants nothing to do with the brands that actually sell and people like. I was considering running a mobile hobby shop out of a single enclosed trailer. That way on race days I could sell trucks, parts, and batteries right at the track. Tons of people are stopping by and asking about the trucks. I think they would sell pretty easy.

Nice.....Andys trying to make a living for his family, worked really hard on the track (sure you have to) and you want to sell parts at HIS track?

and on the size of tires....you didn't get it.

TwistedXT 07-06-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennebell50 (Post 2488903)

easy - this is a border line vendorish feeler thread (no star) - (and no ethics towards other business owners) - this conversation can stop here. "thumbsup"

kennebell50 07-07-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squatch71 (Post 2530863)
Nice.....Andys trying to make a living for his family, worked really hard on the track (sure you have to) and you want to sell parts at HIS track?

and on the size of tires....you didn't get it.

I guess I didn't get it on the tire thing. Funny how make assumptions on the other thing though. I've put countless hours and money into making that track what it is today. As far as parts and truck sales I haven't done anything with that yet and I've discussed it with Andy ahead of time and it would only be for the items he has no plans on selling himself. I guess the truck loads of dirt and many hours of labor isn't good enough for a non participant though. Before you form those kinds of opinions you may want to have alittle knowledge of the situation first huh. At first I was hoping to see you guys come out and join us in the fun but at this point I think I would forfit my position at the track and with the club if you showed. I just can't stand being trash talked when you haven't gotten the full story.