Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Nebraska

Notices

Thread: Bass Pro Shop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Bass Pro Shop

ok all i went to bass bro shop today and spoke to a manager. I asked him if our club would be able to use their location as a comp spot and he told me this..

1. we need to write an official letterhead with our oragnization.
2. estimated time when we would use their area and how much space we would need.
3. how many people may attend our event and if we would have any spectators.
4. our club contact info and any other info necessary for them to know about our club.
5. we would all have to sign a liability waiver.

that was all he told me. he said to take the letter to the bass pro shop in council bluffs and their store will review it then it mwill get sent down to the corporate office to get reviewed. just thought id let everyone know what they said and im wondering if anyone is interested in this option.
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

including some pictures would help too.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ive heard that the Bass Pro Shop in my area has a set up that would be great for crawling. Now for the bad part. Bass Pro Shop is a company in the market to make money by selling items. I realy dont think they want people in there enjoying something other than buying there stuff.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Ive heard that the Bass Pro Shop in my area has a set up that would be great for crawling. Now for the bad part. Bass Pro Shop is a company in the market to make money by selling items. I really dont think they want people in there enjoying something other than buying there stuff.

Yes but if you have 25 people standing out front of your store they would draw some people to stand around and watch, therefore those people would think about the things they didnt buy and possibly go back in and buy those things. And then we have the people in the club, who are gonna buy the pop and gatorade in your store, and maybe eat at the bass pro restaurant, and maybe buy some commodities in said store. These are all people who wouldnt have been there in the first place.

I dont see how its a bad deal. The only thing that may be a little sketchy is that a release of liability is worth nothing. They can still get sued if someone gets hurt. That may be the only thing they frown on.
major94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by major94 View Post
Yes but if you have 25 people standing out front of your store they would draw some people to stand around and watch, therefore those people would think about the things they didnt buy and possibly go back in and buy those things. And then we have the people in the club, who are gonna buy the pop and gatorade in your store, and maybe eat at the bass pro restaurant, and maybe buy some commodities in said store. These are all people who wouldnt have been there in the first place.

I dont see how its a bad deal. The only thing that may be a little sketchy is that a release of liability is worth nothing. They can still get sued if someone gets hurt. That may be the only thing they frown on.

Exactly, which is why I seriously doubt that Bass Pro HQ folks are going to approve this. They aren't going to open themselves up to a law suit just so some folks can play with RC trucks on their property.

While your idea is nice in theory Kratos, we (club members) talked about this issue last year about Bass Pro and a couple of other spots (rock quarry's). It was determined that it would be too much of a hassle to jump through all of the hoops in order to MAYBE get approval.
03libertysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
Ty
Quarry Creeper

I say we at least look at the option. I dont think that there will be that many hoops. It is worth a shot.
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
RCC Addict

the guy i talked to seemed that it wasnt gonna be too much trouble. he didnt seem to turned off by the idea either. not sure though
Old 07-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

I could write up something for you take back to them Chris. The worst they could do is say "no". I'm a little unsure of the part asking how much room we would need though. I assume they have some kind of landscaping that you would like to crawl on. It's not right in front of the door is it? That could create a problem. Like Rory said, maybe some pictures would help.

Do they have a liability waiver for us to sign, or would we need to make one up?
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
RCC Addict

i believe they have waivers and i think the reason he asked how much room we need meant for parking. i told him our usual turnout number at our comps and that mostly we dont have any spectators and it seemed that after that he loosened up about the idea. im guessing they have a waiver. i got the impression that people ask about using their area quite a bit. they have several large rocks and some that are grouped together. maybe you or gerame could check it out because im not exactly sure how much of it is usable. the area that they have is really large and some of it is right in front of doors but there is plenty to use i think that is not in front of the store. the man i talked to said he was guessing we could use the northeast to east are of the building/parking lot.