Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Nevada

Notices

Thread: New member in Vegas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 04:55 AM   #1

Default New member in Vegas

Hey fellas! So I recently got a Micro Crawler. I figure I will play with this till I decide if I want a 1/10 scale. Also, I wanted a simple hobby. Not drinking, gambling, etc.

This is my third or so time getting back into RC. I might even look at a race @ 702, see whats going on there. maybe start racing my RC10.

I was wondering if anyone goes crawling in the city limits of Vegas. Also, with a micro? Surely there are more spots too crawl on than my counter.

Discuss....
TheReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New member in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReno View Post
Hey fellas! So I recently got a Micro Crawler. I figure I will play with this till I decide if I want a 1/10 scale. Also, I wanted a simple hobby. Not drinking, gambling, etc.

This is my third or so time getting back into RC. I might even look at a race @ 702, see whats going on there. maybe start racing my RC10.

I was wondering if anyone goes crawling in the city limits of Vegas. Also, with a micro? Surely there are more spots too crawl on than my counter.

Discuss....
We have a scale rock crawling club here in vegas, its also on fb Las Vegas Scale Crawlers. We have lots of gtg one this morning in henderson actually and some of the guys are having another one saturday or sunday, maybe both. We meet up at least once a week it seems. We comp once a month. We do 1/10 scale for the most part, but dont let that stop you from coming out and checkin it all out. I think carl has a micro trekker. Gregg races down at 702 so he would be the one to talk to for racing. Have a great group of guys who can help get you pointed in the right directionLas vegas has tons of good crawling, with a micro some of the parks offer great terrain. Welcome to the vegas seen..!
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Welcome to the group.
sandbaggerAx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

hope to see you out crawling or at the track. you can always start out on the lower end with a cc-01 and move to a scx10 or other custom build for crawling....

also guessin the rc10 your talkin is older buggy? the big thing at 702 is short course trucks. stock class witch is anything 17.5 brushless or stock brushed, 2wd mod sc like i run witch is any motor and expert mod any motor, also have 4x4 and short course buggy and also 2wd/4wd buggy stadium truck

anywho good people crawlin or at the track
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #5

Not sure what Im gonna do. The racing thing is somthing Ive had in my mind for a while. The RC10 is a TC3.
I think Im going to get an Axial. This seems to be good out of the box. I dont know what I was thinking by buying a micro. Too small to work on.

-Reno
Old 02-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Not sure what Im gonna do. The racing thing is somthing Ive had in my mind for a while. The RC10 is a TC3.
I think Im going to get an Axial. This seems to be good out of the box. I dont know what I was thinking by buying a micro. Too small to work on.

-Reno

you could try and scare a cat with it or maybe a small dog,lol
greggreg2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:

-Reno
They are actually pretty fun for a small course at home or a park. Axial has greta product for rtr, the new trail finder looks sweet but its an all leaf spring truck. I run leafs on front of mine, heavily modified but fun. If you can just come check out our stuff and talk to the guys about some ideas.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 PM   #8

The hobby shops dont have much inventory for crawlers. I go to Hobby Town on Sahara, and Hobby People. I need to find an LHS that stocks whatever rig I decide to buy. Maybe someone here has one forsale?
I will attend one of the hangouts and meet some people. Give me something to do. I am looking for a Losi comp crawler, or AX-10. Even used would be nice.
Also, what hobby shop stocks parts for crawlers? And what crawlers?

-Reno
Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The hobby shops dont have much inventory for crawlers. I go to Hobby Town on Sahara, and Hobby People. I need to find an LHS that stocks whatever rig I decide to buy. Maybe someone here has one forsale?
I will attend one of the hangouts and meet some people. Give me something to do. I am looking for a Losi comp crawler, or AX-10. Even used would be nice.
Also, what hobby shop stocks parts for crawlers? And what crawlers?

-Reno
Sadly the crawler seen isnt big out here. The only thing close is LHS @ decatur n sahara has a rtr honcho, a dingo kit, and a cc01. I know some one who has a 2.2 ax10 for comp. Not scale its just a rock crawler. Ill ask how much and get you his number if you would like.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #10

Thats exactly what I want. I prefer a tube-comp style. One other thing I will consider, is to get the RC4wd roller kit. Maybe the Copperhead. Then Buy some used electronics from someone.
Also, see if your friend wants to sell what he has. I shouldnt even be spending this much money on stuff like this. Live once, right?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #11

So, its final now. I ordered the RC4wd Copperhead roller. Now Im fully commited to this hobby, again. Now I need to find some electronic components to support it. Im thinking I will use my stock radio from my Associated. Yes? I will need an ESC, and motor.

The build has started....
Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

yay not the only one running a rc3wd rig now haha take that Axial
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #13

How durable are the D60 axles? Is the gearing low enough? The kit comes with 5+ inch tires. I ordered this kit in hopes that I wont need to upgrade anything.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Oh you'll probably break them. I did my first 5 min of running them. My first run I snapped a front axle so I replaced them with xvd axles never had a problem With them. Iv gone through a few pinions. Just make sure you tear them down and shim them up good and you should be able to make the gears last. As far as gearing. With my R2 with a 19toot pinion and a integy 35 turn motor and 4.5 in tires full speed is about walking speed that is the highest I can gear my truck. I think you will be more than fine with 5in plus tires. the R2 comes stock with a 8tooth pinion. Also people complain about the plastic housings. I have a spare set but in the year or so iv ran the 60s iv never broke a housing so it's just cheap insurance I guess.
the_ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ocho View Post
Oh you'll probably break them. I did my first 5 min of running them. My first run I snapped a front axle so I replaced them with xvd axles never had a problem With them. Iv gone through a few pinions. Just make sure you tear them down and shim them up good and you should be able to make the gears last. As far as gearing. With my R2 with a 19toot pinion and a integy 35 turn motor and 4.5 in tires full speed is about walking speed that is the highest I can gear my truck. I think you will be more than fine with 5in plus tires. the R2 comes stock with a 8tooth pinion. Also people complain about the plastic housings. I have a spare set but in the year or so iv ran the 60s iv never broke a housing so it's just cheap insurance I guess.
... now ya now why folks run axial !
tattoo chris is offline   Reply With Quote

New member in Vegas - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to Vegas badtoy1986 Nevada 6 12-28-2011 10:29 AM
Vegas Baby, Vegas! travis c. California 3 09-08-2011 04:49 PM
2006 Nevada, Las Vegas, Vegas Crawlerz kevinlongisland Competition Results 0 01-15-2006 08:23 AM
vegas JohnRobHolmes Chit Chat 13 12-30-2005 10:56 AM
Nevada, Las Vegas, Vegas Crawlerz kevinlongisland Competition Results 3 12-10-2005 09:37 PM