Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Ultimate Hobbies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #1

Default Ultimate Hobbies?

I ordered a Wheelie King a week ago today, and as of today, still no truck, no reply's no nothing. Did I make a mistake ordering from them? I know I should have went through one of the vendors from here, but I thought they were, only to look alittle harder and seen they weren't.
Has other people had problems from them? Thanks!!
asfasasu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Instead of posting about it here why don't you just pick up the phone and call them?
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If it's any consolation...I've ordered from them in the past and received my order. As 4u2nv suggested...give 'em a ringy.

- Chris

Last edited by Gimpy00Wang; 03-24-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: me spelling bad at...
Gimpy00Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #4
PapaGriz Yo

Back when TLT's were $69.95 MANY people from here ordered from them, including myself. I don't think anyone had problems with them. I know I got my stuff.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:19 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I ordered a tlt from them and got it. Sometimes you have to wait. Sit down take a breather and be patient.
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ya I hate there instore customer service. They seemed to be understaffed.
Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

No problems with me from the 4 revos and 2 tmaxx's I ordered from them. Each one got to me in 3 or 4 days with no probs.
newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 PM   #8

I use these guys all the time (last 5-6 years) , of course its local pick up. But, when iv'e had them order stuff for me, the parts always came in before their estimated time. As for customer service there are only one or two guys i cannot deal with. Point is, they have been in business for a long time for a reason. Just call them. I'm sure it's something out of their control. And no, I do not work for them.
AX10 Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:18 AM   #9

"Just call them" Sounds pretty easy huh? How about 5 calls in a week and never getting to talk to a real person? (and yes, I did leave messages) How about THEN sending them an e-mail, then another just for giggles, with no reply from them, and then posting here. Well I finially got a reply this morning. My order had a small problem and it was cancelled by them. I really am not upset by that, (it was probably my fault, my wife has trained me well) I just don't know why if your in business dealing with people, telling them if they need help, to call, and yet you can't get ahold of a real person.
This was supposed to be a birthday present for my son, next week. Not now. Oh well.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I ordered my Kyosho Blizzard from them, they were very good to deal with.
jimbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I have ordered 4 or 5 kits from them all except one was problem free. I ordered one for my Dad for Christmas and they lost my order. I called them and they shipped it out asap. Got it the day after the holiday.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by asfasasu3 View Post
"Just call them" Sounds pretty easy huh? How about 5 calls in a week and never getting to talk to a real person? (and yes, I did leave messages) How about THEN sending them an e-mail, then another just for giggles, with no reply from them, and then posting here. Well I finially got a reply this morning. My order had a small problem and it was cancelled by them. I really am not upset by that, (it was probably my fault, my wife has trained me well) I just don't know why if your in business dealing with people, telling them if they need help, to call, and yet you can't get ahold of a real person.
This was supposed to be a birthday present for my son, next week. Not now. Oh well.

So even after finally getting a hold of them, they still won't help you out? What was the problem? Next week is still pretty far away. What a bummer for your son.
AX10 Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:38 AM   #13

After spending alot of the day yesterday, I found out it was a problem on my end. Yea, they will retake the order, but I have ran out of time, Unless I want to pay alot for shipping it next day.
The whole thing that got me, was trying to get ahold of them. I ordered it on Monday. Tuesday I tried calling to make sure it would not be on the same freq. as our other trucks since it had not shipped out, no luck talking to anyone so I left a message. Wensday I called, nothing. I let it go till Friday, no real person, just the answering machine, Monday Tried again and another message, still nothing, so I also sent an e-mail. Then out of frustration, I posted this on here to see if I was alone with this problem. Then I finially get a e-mail back, and because of an stupid oversight on my part, and since I wasn't able to rectify it in a timely manner, my order was cancelled. (duh, its hard to fix something you can't talk to someone about)

Its just frustrating. I not totally against them by any means, just wish they would answer the phone!!
"just call them" that made me laugh!!! Thanks, I needed that !!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
"just call them" that made me laugh!!! Thanks, I needed that !!
I don't know? Must be the times you are calling. I've ordered from them on multiple occasions. Always order over the phone never online because I heard horror stories about there site not being secure. They always answered the phone. Maybe they are screening there calls and just not answering you
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
Nope..

I bought 4 or 5 TLT's from them and got them all pretty quick. When are you calling them?
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We have them in stock and almost always ship same day. https://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?...&cat=23&page=1

Most of our customers tell us that USPS priority service gets just about anywhere in the US in 2-3 days. So if you ordered today it would likely be there by his birthday.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #17

Thanks guys!!!

I think my wife has something else cooked up now, so if we try again I won't be so pressed for time.

Quote:
I don't know? Must be the times you are calling. I've ordered from them on multiple occasions. Always order over the phone never online because I heard horror stories about there site not being secure. They always answered the phone. Maybe they are screening there calls and just not answering you
I'd expect it from a local store, but surly they don't know me all the way across the country ? Could they?

I've tried calling from what should have been 11:00am to 8:00 pm with no difference. Caller I.D. maybe?

Its just been a crazy week, and now I can almost laugh at all this. This sort of stuff happens to me all the time!!

THANKS !!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:11 AM   #18
Official Cook of the ECC

Should have ordered from a vendor here. Wouldn't have had these problems.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote