Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Taking the plunge...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Taking the plunge...

Howdy!

I've decided to hang up racing for good. My stint with nitro turned out to be a bitter re-entry to the hobby, as I had mixed results. I found that it was so far different from what I had been used to racing electric buggies, that I simply wasn't enjoying it. Nitro was way more fuss than I wanted to deal with, so I sold my Revo.

At first, I was going to build my crawler from scratch, starting with Da Bull chassis...but then I stumbled upon the AX10. At just over $200, the price is right, and is a great foundation to build upon from what I've read. I'm still hoping to get Da Bull to replace Axial's chassis, and use some of the guidelines found here to build my crawler.

Last edited by Browncoat; 04-22-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Browncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Welcome. I used to race nitro and the attitudes killed me.

You will find that crawling is a lot of fun and with some searching and some practice you will be up and running fast.

PM if you have any questions and welcome.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What I like about this part of the sport it has more to do with the driver's skill, the rig is part of it just like any thing else but you don't have to get the best of the best parts to walk away with the win.
Dragon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

The local racing club had some pretty cool members. There were a few guys who really helped me out with my engine troubles. I was pretty good about setup, having previous buggy experience. But those nitro engines...wow, what a pain. There were a few idiots who had "win at all cost" attitudes, up to and including ramming people off the course, which ruined it for me.

The money aspect is a factor here as well. We all want the latest upgrades, but with racing, they're almost a necessity to be competitive. My Revo went from stock to not in very short order. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands dirty with a crawler. I'll be posting a build thread in the near future.

Browncoat is offline   Reply With Quote