Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Reverse speed curve adjustment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #1

Default Reverse speed curve adjustment

My appologies if this is answered in another thread but searching for "Reverse Speed" yeilded a ton of results due to the words being so common here.

I am just getting back into RC over the last few months after not going near it in 13 years. Needless to say there has been a lot of ground to cover. Here is my latest question....

I am running a clod with 14 turn motors and a Novak Super Duty XR speed control. I am looking for a way to adjust the speed in reverse. It seems like i have a nice smooth acceleration curve going forward but whenever i try and back up it floors it. No matter how soft i try to reverse on the throttle it seems to go from 0 to 100% instantly.

In reading through my manuals for the speed control it doesent seem like the adjustment is there. They give me 3 profiles with full reverse, no reverse and a marine 25% reverse. This leads me to think that it may be a setting in my radio. For reference I am running one of the Futaba 3PM units. I have tried looking for this in the manuals but its not something that i can pick out easily in there. Any ideas on what i should be adjusting or at least trying to adjust?
broonsbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

Adjust the exponential on the throttle channel.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote