Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: New on here saying a quick hello to all

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 AM   #1

Default New on here saying a quick hello to all

Hello to everyone I am a total NEWB to the RC world had a few when I was a kid but were the radio shack $29.99 specials, just bought a Losi LST2 and WOW my eyes have been opened. I am having tons of fun with the LOSI but being a 1:1 off-road nut I've fried three clutches in my LST trying to have fun at the cottage which is located in the Canadian Shield on the rock faces there. I then realized hey I should try to build a rock crawler obviously not the first to come up with this idea...HA... Anyway I look forward to asking questions in the future as I will be starting this build over the next month and probably spending my LONG Canadian winter barricaded in my shop building my own custom rig. I know I can buy all parts required just feel like the fun is going to be scratch building the entire thing. Like these home made axles love the look and functionality.

THE Rock Crusher 4.0 picture thread

Take care and hope to talk to many of you in the future.
Blaine
bktoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

BK you've come to the right spot this board to learn about crawling. RCC has tons of information for the taking I've been here for just over year and have learned a ton and I have been around RC for decades.
Lots of information can be found using the search function it requires some skill and patients it doesn't work like Goggle by any means but you'll get the hang of it.
Like you I'm collecting pieces for a winter build (Minnesota) right now I've been doing competition crawling with my son in law but I've been bitten hard by the scaler bug.
RCC has many examples to share in pictures, diagrams, written descriptions and trouble shooting of just about anything you might be wondering about.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yup, you have found the right place that will:

1. Make you spend way too much money.
2. Make you spend even more money.
3. Have loved ones wonder what the hell is wrong with this obsession.
4. Wonder what the hell you are doing spending this much on this obsession.
5. Learn a ton and build a badass crawler or two.
6. Most important - spend a lot of money.

Get it? lol
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #4

Stormin' Thanks lookin forward to the help I know I can recieve here!!

Doc: I am trying to do the from scatch build so that I don't have to spend crazy amounts of $$$$ on this.

To anyone...HA... I am pretty good with the design portion of the build it's the electronics I can't map out in my head. I notice alot of the crawlers have rear steer can that be done like front steering where I have control with the steering or are my only options, all left, all right and centered?
Old 07-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

When I started I said "I won't spend much on this." and now I have one 2.2 comp rig, one cr01, one wheely king, one 1.9 scaler and I am now throwing money at a 1.9 6x6. Damn you all!
sparky0068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #6

Can someone help I have tried to get an answer by searching and as Stormin said it's not google and I'm a bit tired and frustrated trying over and over again can ANYONE explain what a 1.9 tire is vs. a 2.2 tire I am trying to custom build the rig and want a nice tall but thin tire lookin for some advice PLEASE!!!