Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: INTEGY iROCK... N E one got one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default INTEGY iROCK... N E one got one?

n e one got an integy iROCK 1/8 scale crawler:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWHU5&P=FR

i got one on the way and im just wondering if n e one has this crawler and if there n e common problems? P.S. this truck is the same as the HSP rock crawler:

http://www.auctioncityaustralia.com....-crawler-.html

LMK
hansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

also does n e one know if clod parts are capadable
Old 02-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The general conscensus, among anyone who actually drives their RCs, is that Integy parts are pretty, but often lacking durability. I don't think anyone on here has bought one of those crawlers, so you'll have to let us know how it works out for you.
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think that is the same as the RedCat super. If memory serves right, someone has one and busted and axle tube within 5 minutes because of the lack of bracing.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:52 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

yeah i read that thread about the axle snapping....does the clod axle brace fit on the irock? plus i dont thinkill be doing n e thing to extreme to provide enuff pressure to snap the axle.....ill be sure to keep yall posted....the truck shold b delivered to my door by thursday so until then n e tips in tunning the suspension? y do sum ppl run the shocks with the spring inside the shock body?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

As far as the clod brace goes, havent a clue, but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to bend up some small sheet metal and make a few.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I have a prototype of the new 1:10th scale 2.2 version, which is made by HSP. This 1:8th version is different than the Redcat super, which is made by HBX.

With a different chassis, the Redcat verison could be made OK. It's aimed at the entry level crawler newb though. I'd prefer the straight solid axles of this one over the angled axles on the Redcat though, but these need a support brace or they'll break quickly.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
I have a prototype of the new 1:10th scale 2.2 version, which is made by HSP. This 1:8th version is different than the Redcat super, which is made by HBX.

With a different chassis, the Redcat verison could be made OK. It's aimed at the entry level crawler newb though. I'd prefer the straight solid axles of this one over the angled axles on the Redcat though, but these need a support brace or they'll break quickly.
howz the quality of the 1:10th scale HSP crawler....u got n e pics of it? yeha i know its different from the redcat....

i still havent got my truck yet but it should be here tomorrow hopefully im home wen it does come in....ill keep yall posted
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
RCC Addict

It's an Axial clone, but the springs and shock oil are waaay off. It also has a 4-link and 4WS, but aside from that I'd bet most parts would be interchangeable between the two.

CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:24 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

aliright fellas my truck finally came in...u guys were right its JUNK.........JOKING!!!!!!!!! this truck is sicki ran 2 pack threw it its pretty much unstopable i think i could loose the foams in the tires to get more grip... im at work rite now so ill get pics n more details wen i get home..
Old 02-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPE MT View Post
It's an Axial clone, but the springs and shock oil are waaay off. It also has a 4-link and 4WS, but aside from that I'd bet most parts would be interchangeable between the two.

nice the only thing i dont like from watr i can see is the battery mount position its waay to high how does it drive i used to run 2.2 shaft comp crawler but having independednt drive box os GREAT