Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Which rc, and a servo question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #1

Default Which rc, and a servo question

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to the site and to rc's of any type. I've owned 2 rc's in my life, an old tyco bandit as a kid, and currently a 1/6th scale Nylint Rockcrawler. I had posted on here about wanting to go with something scale, like maybe a Axial SCX-10, but I'm currently laid up do to a broken foot and out of work for a little while. So, I've decided to go the cheaper route, and I'm trying to decide between the Losi MRC or the Duratrax CC for the obvious price reasons. I know most will say go with the MRC, but something keeps drawing me back to the Duratrax.....maybe its just the cheap price. I was kinda interested in a rtr since I'm new to this, and not sure what I would wanna go with electronics wise if I got a kit. I'm a mechanic for a living, so I don't think I'd have a problem figuring stuff out as I tinker with it down the road. I figure if I really get into it, I 'll get a better kit down the road and then pick my electronics.

And speaking of electronics, this brings me to my other question. My Nylint rockcrawler is still working good, but the steering on it has rescently started acting up. I don't think the stock servo was ever the strongest to begin with, but now it turns to the right ok, but I can barely get it to the left. Its real slow to turn that way while moving, and if the crawler is sitting still, I can forget it. Last time I had it out, I had a fully charged battery in the crawler and a new battery in my controler, and if it got more than 20ft away from me, it would kinda buck on and off the throttle, kinda like it does when it gets out of range or the battery is dying. Any ideas?
afoulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links