Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: still no luck with my losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #1

Post still no luck with my losi

im still not getting any power out of my rig i changed the pinion gear to a 13t from the 16t that i started with. im trying to finger out if the radio i have is not programmed right, its the specktrum dx3.0 any suggestions on where i should start with it.
drawls88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Losi makes two different crawlers...which one do you have?

What are the rest of the specs on your setup?

Radio = Dx3.0
Rx=?
ESC=?
Battery=?

When did your truck stop working? (after any major changes?) Can you give any symptoms? (does it work sometimes?)
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

sounds like no power/stalling out..comp crawler i,m guessing, needs a kick ass batt..more info needed
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

You prolly will get more help in the brand specific thread of you truck.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
RCC Addict

A few things come to mind. One could be the battery as mentioned by Vonclod. The battery(s) could maybe not handle much of an amp draw. I have had some that were assembled with a crappy soldering iron (by me). They seemed fine and had good voltage, but would choke with any high current draw (amps). They would stall out due to bad connection. Once soldered with a proper iron, they worked perfect. A bad wire or bad solder joint can cause hard to see issues, that are intermitant.

Another could be a bind in the drivetrain. One way to check is to remove the motor (or atleast remove the pinion). Try rolling the chassi and see how much drag there is. If it seems excessive, you could check a few things. This could take some time to diagnose. Remove a driveshaft. Try spinning each axle and see if one has more drag. Same with the tranny. If it doesnt spin pretty easy then there may be a bad bearing, lack of lube, inproper gear mesh, bent rods creating bind in gears, etc.

ESC settings could be a cause as well. If the ESC is set wrong or not setup right I should say. It may not be sending enough current to the rig. This could be the radio settings as well.

I would as others have sugested, post up some specs on the goods installed and what rig it is. One thing you will find is almost certainly someone on here has run into it before and can provide insight if you give them enough to go on. The bind in the drivetrain is fairly easy and quick to check. But can take some time to track down if you have it. It may seem frustrating, but do not give up. Once you find the issue, you will be proud of yourself and have accomplished something. In this hobby you have to be able to either put in the time testing and trialing, or be able to have the cash to have someone else to do it. But that takes alot of the fun out of the hobby. Working through the frustration is rewarding once done.
Rook82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:56 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

did you get er fixed yet a little more info on your speed control battery would help good luck on that hope you get er dialed ion.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #7

it is a comp crawler, xcelorin 17.5 sensored combo with spectrum dx3.0 and running losi lipo 2 cell battery. i have it at the shop they dont have any idea yet either but all of your info im putting to good use thank guys very much i will let you know the results
Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #8
Moderator Rule Breaker

So your saying that your not getting power to your truck ? If you turn on the radio and truck does the servo work ? Did you bind your radio with rx ?
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

have you tried useing different batteries?
how bout using makeing sure you're not experienceing a short in the esc.
you sure power is getting to the esc?
checked the worms to see nothing is binding?
have you tried rebinding the rx to the tx?
checked to make sure everything is pluged in properly?

there is a lot that can go wrong in rc and troubleshooting isnt really as simple as "its not moving, how do i fix it"
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #10

well i get the dumb ass of the year award when i changed my pinion gear i forgot to lock tight the set screw and it was loose just barley catching so now i get to learn how to drive this beast and not bash like my artr. thanks agian guys i appreciate all the help. im hoping to get more involved with this site it is great but its kinda hard with an out of control 19 month old little girl.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

glad you got it sorted out..remember..loctite is your friend
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote