Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: newbie help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #1

Default newbie help

im totaly new to RC trucks, and want to build a tube buggy with clods under it i think, what other axle choices are there. id like about a 14-16 inch wheel base. as far as suspension goes i was thinking of triangulated 4 links front and rear with a twist, i know in the real world of rock crawling the longer the link the greater the flex. so i was thinking in the front leaving the lowers straight, and triangulating the uppers, and in the rear triangulate the lowers, and run the uppers straight, and have the lowers kinda cross over each other, like have the front lowers mount maybe 1 inch after the center of the wheel base, and have the rear lowers 1 inch before the center of the wheel base. has anyone ever tried this before, any idears? and also i dont really know jack about the whole electronics part. im sure i could build the tube frame, but as far as what all electronics to stuff in it im clueless. thanks for reading, and any information.
diablo0072k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

well for axle choises would be txt, jugg, xfactor which will work with bigger wheels and the wheel base youre aiming for. then there are tlt axles with are good for 10-12" wheel base. the tube buggy is a good idea but you cant cross the links. they would interfere with eachother unless you get it just right. for electronics get a teckin rebel 2, evx (which you would need for clod) or super rooster. all are in the 80-100$ range.

good luck
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:59 PM   #3

see i think the crossing of lower links would work cause the fronts are straight , and the rear lowers are triangulated, with the narrowest point of the link being on the frame mount side, so i dont think there would be any clearance issues there with the arms.

Heres a real quick paint thing i drew up to try and explain what im meaning. the black lines are the lower links, and the red lines are the upper links
note nothing is to scale and what not, just a quick representation

Last edited by diablo0072k; 12-15-2005 at 08:08 PM.
diablo0072k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #4
RCC Addict

There's also maxx axles to consider.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote