RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Newbie General (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/)
-   -   berg or bully ? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/newbie-general/231247-berg-bully.html)

big dude 02-13-2010 08:51 AM

berg or bully ?

what is, the better axel ,and why?

dasmonkeyboy 02-13-2010 09:30 AM

DO A SEARCH............ This topic has been beaten to death over and over. It always ends in an argument between berg and bully guys.

jcboof 02-13-2010 10:40 AM

X2, normally turns into quite a pissing match.

IMO. Out of the box, you cannot beat the bullies for their strength. But depending on what versions you get, they are VERY heavy.

Bergs are lighter but to be as strong as the bullies will need to be built up a bit. Bergs cost more to build stronger. But IMO is a better overall comp axle.

I have both and have not decided yet which I like better. I have to get more driving time on the bullies to give an honest opinion.

Culetto 02-13-2010 10:56 AM

Black or White? Lemon or Lime? Blonde or Redhead?

Its all personal choice. I'm not going to explain it all over again but in the end it comes down to personal choice.

DRCrawlGood 02-13-2010 10:57 AM

Beating the dead horse is always fun.

JeremyH 02-13-2010 11:14 AM

Axial!

stediju 02-13-2010 11:24 AM

Losi with a MOA option ... :mrgreen:

hellacool 02-14-2010 06:48 PM

Blonde for sure.

Grump 02-14-2010 06:53 PM

Redheads "thumbsup"

BansheeManiac 02-14-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culetto (Post 2298638)
Black or White? Lemon or Lime? Blonde or Redhead?

Its all personal choice. I'm not going to explain it all over again but in the end it comes down to personal choice.

Blonde"thumbsup"

jcboof 02-14-2010 06:57 PM

Redhead....

BTW: after today, the Bullies will NO LONGER be on my comp rig. Made a very interesting discovery that helped me decide to stay with my Bergs

jcboof 02-14-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRCrawlGood (Post 2298640)
Beating the dead horse is always fun.

It starts to stink after a while though....:mrgreen:

BansheeManiac 02-14-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcboof (Post 2301242)
Redhead....

BTW: after today, the Bullies will NO LONGER be on my comp rig. Made a very interesting discovery that helped me decide to stay with my Bergs

Please tell:shock:

hellacool 02-14-2010 07:11 PM

Pick up lines at the bar.
Blonde= I'm drunk!
Brunette= I'm with her!
Red head= I'm the last one left!
LOL!!

jcboof 02-14-2010 07:16 PM

OK, lets start here. The bullies are a GREAT axle for the money. They definitely work well, and they are tough as hell. BUT there are to many geometric differences between the bullies and the bergs.

Shock and lower link placement between the 2 axles is almost a 1/2" difference. and the distance between the shock and link mounts is 1/4" different. Scrub radius in the steering is very different due to the different offset of the wheels.

The bullies require alot of clearancing to get links to clear the gear cases, and the height of the upper link mounts changes suspension geometry quite a bit.

After taking my chassis that I was running on the bullies and putting it on the Berg axles, i was AMAZED at the difference it made. It was a whole different animal. I could not reproduce the smoothness that was gained in the swap when I had the chassis on bully axles. I was always fighting with a slight amount of binding due to trying to get things to work around the gearcases, the. I could take some clocking out of the rear axle on the bergs to improve the geometry even more. with the bully axles, I had to clock the rear axles sooooo much just to clear the motor with the rear links. The bergs do not have a problem with clearance. The geometric differences that were afforded by changing the axles were enough to get me to be a berg only guy now.

I'm likely going to get rid of the bullies that I have and get another set of bergs. That way I can have spare parts if I need them available quickly.

Now I am in NO WAY at all bashing the bullies or think that they are still not a good axle. On my particular build and with the experiences that I've had with them, I just feel that the Bergs work better for ME, Key word there, ME.

JeremyH 02-14-2010 07:30 PM

....and the race starts again.....

jcboof 02-14-2010 07:37 PM

lol!! refer to post 2 and 3... :lmao:

jmontes_21 02-14-2010 07:49 PM

Brunette all the way

dasmonkeyboy 02-14-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcboof (Post 2301308)
OK, lets start here. The bullies are a GREAT axle for the money. They definitely work well, and they are tough as hell. BUT there are to many geometric differences between the bullies and the bergs.

Shock and lower link placement between the 2 axles is almost a 1/2" difference. and the distance between the shock and link mounts is 1/4" different. Scrub radius in the steering is very different due to the different offset of the wheels.

The bullies require alot of clearancing to get links to clear the gear cases, and the height of the upper link mounts changes suspension geometry quite a bit.

After taking my chassis that I was running on the bullies and putting it on the Berg axles, i was AMAZED at the difference it made. It was a whole different animal. I could not reproduce the smoothness that was gained in the swap when I had the chassis on bully axles. I was always fighting with a slight amount of binding due to trying to get things to work around the gearcases, the. I could take some clocking out of the rear axle on the bergs to improve the geometry even more. with the bully axles, I had to clock the rear axles sooooo much just to clear the motor with the rear links. The bergs do not have a problem with clearance. The geometric differences that were afforded by changing the axles were enough to get me to be a berg only guy now.

I'm likely going to get rid of the bullies that I have and get another set of bergs. That way I can have spare parts if I need them available quickly.

Now I am in NO WAY at all bashing the bullies or think that they are still not a good axle. On my particular build and with the experiences that I've had with them, I just feel that the Bergs work better for ME, Key word there, ME.

OOOH MAAAAN ITS ON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na....... just messing with you Jesse. I agree that the bully axles can be a real pain to setup. Do to the cases being so thick, I have found that Kamikaze lower links work the best to clear the cases. Even then I did allot of tweaking for almost a year, before I found a setup and chassis that works well for me.

JeremyH 02-14-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcboof (Post 2301360)
lol!! refer to post 2 and 3... :lmao:

Refer to post #6...