Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: neeeewbbbeeee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #1

Default neeeewbbbeeee

Hey new here.... i know alot about 4 wheelers..have a XJ...but no clue of rc/crawlers..... i dont know if goin to get bagged on for this but if you guys could provide me with start up info on if there are starter kits or anything like that for 1:6(dont want a nylint crawler) crawlers or if i should look up on other info that would be appreciated...
thanks
_Alex
ccflexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Look in the for sale section. Dont expect to get a rtr for under $350. As for the whole 1/6th you would much rather have a 1/10. Also $350 is a long shot but maby you will find something, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
95MoYj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #3

id rather build one up myself...i have the money to build one up and id rather learn how to work ont hem by starting form scratch....
ccflexj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Read this post, "The Very First Place Anyone Should Look" that is a sticky on the top of this section. It will describe the axles that people use to build a crawler; eg. TLT, Clod, TXT, etc.. That would be a good place to start, what style axles you like will dictate the size and how you will set it up.
billy gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

clod axles are easier to work with because you dont have to have a centre trans.

Also have a look in the tech article section, as theres a tutorial on making tube chassis.

As for tires have a look through the tire @ wheel section, youll find that moabs are quite popular.

For shocks you should have a look through the galleries and look at the trucks that are similar to what youre making, or you can just grab the stuff(axles etc that you like and think you can work with.
crawlerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

The best "starter kit" i can think of for you is to buy a set of clod axles and go from there. Look through the past threads and decide what you like and study how those designs were built. Then buy the materials and parts you need and start building.
quick5pnt0 is offline   Reply With Quote