Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: 2 Wheel steer with full lockers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 2 Wheel steer with full lockers?

Is anyone running 2ws with full lockers? I have never tried it, on my E-MAXX I ran locked rear and front wheel steering, and on my CLOD I have full lockers and 4 wheel steer. Now the maxx is gone (Tamiya is superior) and I am building a TLT scale wheeler. Not the most hard care crawler, I have that already. I was thinking of slowing the front diff with AW grease and locking all others, then only running front wheel steer. But I know the advantage of a front locker. How do trucks steer with 2ws and real 4wd?????
BOSKIPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

opinion - It depends As long as you don't have a crazy long wheel-base it will be ok. the wheelbase on my tlt is a little over 11 inches and I don't have any problems. It doesn't turn on a dime but it's ok. Stock stub axles leave a little to be desired for turning angle anyway. They hit the inner axle at full lock. I've read where someone has machined out the inside edge of their stub axles to allow for more angle and am planning on trying it tonight to see how much more it actually gives you. My tlt is locked front, rear, and center and it turns enough to have fun with but when I get in tight situations I always need more.
Attached Images

blue302ranger is offline   Reply With Quote